Comparing 5 best wins of All-Time Greats

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
Which best 5 wins were the strongest of all? How do you rank their them according these wins? Feel free to discuss my choice of top-5 for each fighter

Anderson:
1. Belfort
2. Hendo
3. Franklin
4. Chael 1
5. Griffin

Jones:
1. DC 1
2. DC 2
3. Gus
4. Evans
5. Machida

Cruz:
1. TJ
2. Faber 1
3. Demetrious
4. Faber 2
5. Mizugaki

GSP:
1. Penn 1
2. Hughes 2
3. Hughes 3
4. Shields
5. Diaz

DC:
1. Rumble 1
2. Rumble 2
3. Gus
4. Barnett
5. Bigfoot

Aldo:
1. Edgar 1
2. Mendes 1
3. Edgar 2
4. Mendes 2
5. Faber

Fedor:
1. CroCop
2. Nog 1
3. Nog 2
4. Arlovski
5. Hunt

Conor:
1. Aldo
2. Mendes
3. Alvares
4. Diaz
5. Max

JDS:
1. Cain
2. Stipe
3. Werdum
4. Carwin
5. Rothwell

Last edited:
You would put a win over Gus higher than two former champions and the man he beat for the belt who is a legend?

On paper, I'd say GSP's looks the best.

Antonio Rodrigo Nougeria

1. Mirko Filipovic
2. Mark Coleman
3. Josh Barnett
4. Dan Henderson
5. Fabrico Werdum

Last edited:
Based soley on a top 5 list, withiut factoring in context, Hendo might be GOAT:

1. Fedor
2. Nog
3. Shogun
4. Wandy
5. Franklin

For Fedor and JDS, you could make argument several different guys should be in the 5 spot.

Also, Diaz is not top 5 win for GSP. Honestly, might not be top 10.

I feel like humiliating current LW champ BJ after his great performances against Pulver, Joe Daddy, and Sherk was more significant than a close split decision win against BJ coming off a loss to Machida and beating a way past prime Renzo

Based soley on a top 5 list, withiut factoring in context, Hendo might be GOAT:

1. Fedor
2. Nog
3. Shogun
4. Wandy
5. Franklin
I feel like the way he KOed Bisping should put Bisping on the list over Franklin. (also without the context, Bisping beat Silva while Franklin got destroyed twice.)

When Bisping commits murder at UFC 217 I look forward to seeing a list featuring Laites on this thread considering he's beaten two of the names on here.

The first problem I see is at least 3 of the "greats" you have labeled have been busted for PED's

Cruz got sub'd by Faber their first fight, his 2 wins over Joe B are much more important than the Mizugaki fight. Fedor beating Schilt or the 1st Coleman fight was much more significant than the Hunto victory and Shad is an overrated win for Jones, I'd have said Shogun or Rampage. Also, DC and Conor are not all time greats just yet. Otherwise solid list

Why do you have Evans on your list for Jones but not Shogun???
I think Evans was stronger fighter at the time Jones fought him than Rua at the time Jones fought him.

I also want to factor in finishes. Did they finish their top 5 opponents?

That's GOTTA count for something as well as general quality and size disparity, etc.

Dan Henderson has an elite top 5 wins.

And McGregor finished Aldo, Alvarez, Mendes all within 2 rounds, Max and Diaz dismantled.

I think Evans was stronger fighter at the time Jones fought him than Rua at the time Jones fought him.

Shogun was coming off of two (yes I said two) wins over Machida. Evans was only a few fights removed from this, to the same guy:

<mma2>

Vitor:
Hendo (former champ)
Bisping (current champ)
Rockhold (former champ)
Randy (former champ)
Wand (former champ)

*Rumble (destroyer) honorable mention

Overeem:
Werdum (former champ)
JDS (former champ)
AA (former champ)