@Green
Reaction score
If Marloes Coenen had signed with UFC rather
then Bellator how would she have faired since
I know she would have faired halfway decent
considering she would have been able to make
135 easy.

At 135, she'd obviously fare better. Cyborg ran through her too easily

She would have been a lower top 10 BW probably.

Ronda - subs Coenen
Tate - we know already
Nunes - TKOs Coenen
Shevchenko - decisions Coenen
Holm - decisions Coenen in a boring fight making 100 ish sounds lol
McMann - probably decisions Coenen, might be able to force a sub on her ala Davis
Zingano - interesting actually, but favor Zingano
Pena - same as Zingano
Davis - tough pick, 50/50 as long as Coenen wasn't too past it
GDR - might actually take Coenen due to GDR lack of grappling

She should be favored over the rest of them from Carmouche on down... again, assuming she wasn't too past it by the time she fought them. Some of the ones on the above list didn't appear/rise until later so she could have been close to the top 5 at some point. Edit: Forgot Pennington but that's really hard to call given Pennington struggled against Bethe and then beat a soulless Tate.

Coenen was more of an old breed (W)MMA fighter I think, a BJJ fighter with decent striking but not much wrestling. The modern grapplers would likely outwrestle her and the modern strikers would be hard for her to get down.

Last edited:
then Bellator
Actually disregard my previous post, if she signed with UFC instead of Bellator she would have been too old and past prime to compete with any top 10s, she lost in Bellator to Dufresne who wasn't a top 20 BW. If she signed with UFC instead of Invicta back in the day then she might've been young enough to do something.

I had the pleasure of seeing Marloes Coenen come from behind to submit Liz Carmouche off her back, live in Columbus Ohio (Strikeforce).

She was a damn good fighter. It's a shame she never competed in the UFC, because she was UFC class in my book.

then Bellator how would she have faired since
I know she would have faired halfway decent
considering she would have been able to make
135 easy.
Women's mma is so damn inconsistent it's hard to tell. I would say at some point she would crack the top 5 but never win gold

Back