how many former UFC Heavyweight champs have tested positive for banned substances?

Pied Piper

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Kevin Randlemann
Josh Barnett
tim Sylvia
Frank Mir
Brock Lesnar
JDS

really says a lot about our sport. Mark Hunt and Nate Diaz are right.
they're the only MMA fighters in the org I truly respect right now. they're the Timone and Pumba of MMA

Nate said Mark Hunt was on steroids though

they're the only MMA fighters in the org I truly respect right now. they're the Timone and Pumba of MMA

DJ sent in his Tylenol to get approved by USADA. Or if I'm a troll his Flintstone Vitamins.

Nate said Mark Hunt was on steroids though

So did Don Catlin. He is the leading scientist and has the same opinion as Diaz. The movie Icarus. He was asked how common Lance Armstrong is. He said all are doping without exception and nobody can make a test to catch them.

dimspace has said that Catlin seems a little off to him. I agree. But he is still a main guy presiding over this stuff. And he has that attitude. They are all doping.

It isn't just Nate Diaz saying it. Experts in doping say the same. Are they right? I don't know. But it is more than just Diaz saying it.

Kevin Randlemann
Josh Barnett
tim Sylvia
Frank Mir
Brock Lesnar
JDS

This is a sport where guys dehydrate 20+ lbs to get a competitive advantage by cheating the weight class system. Is it any wonder guys would take drugs that would allow them to recover better in training?

Kevin Randlemann
Josh Barnett
Josh Barnett
Josh Barnett
Josh Barnett
tim Sylvia
Frank Mir
Brock Lesnar
JDS

fixed that for you

So did Don Catlin. He is the leading scientist and has the same opinion as Diaz. The movie Icarus. He was asked how common Lance Armstrong is. He said all are doping without exception and nobody can make a test to catch them.

dimspace has said that Catlin seems a little off to him. I agree. But he is still a main guy presiding over this stuff. And he has that attitude. They are all doping.

It isn't just Nate Diaz saying it. Experts in doping say the same. Are they right? I don't know. But it is more than just Diaz saying it.
All the top guys are doping I believe. But Mark Hunt is not a top guy so maybe he could be clean.
MM could also be clean, I think that it's easier to be a clean FlW as raw strength doesn't seem as important in that division compared to let's say HW and they also do not want to pack much mass. But many at FlW could be using other stuff to improve their cardio, for example.

All the top guys are doping I believe. But Mark Hunt is not a top guy so maybe he could be clean.
MM could also be clean, I think that it's easier to be a clean FlW as raw strength doesn't seem as important in that division compared to let's say HW and they also do not want to pack much mass. But many at FlW could be using other stuff to improve their cardio, for example.

I didnt even know JDS got popped. Damn. I read this thread first and was wondering why JDS was in the OP.

I wonder what Hunt's response will be.

Ironically, one of DJ's former title challengers Ali Bagautinov tested positive for EPO.

DJ out worked a world class guy who was blood doping.

He won 11 fights in a row in his run up to the title shot, popped for PEDS, and has since gone 2-3.

Ironically, one of DJ's former title challengers Ali Bagautinov tested positive for EPO.

DJ out worked a world class guy who was blood doping.

He won 11 fights in a row in his run up to the title shot, popped for PEDS, and has since gone 2-3.
you really think its possible to do that naturally? come on bro.
look at lance. he said they were ALL blood doping. the closest a natural guy could get was 12th place

you really think its possible to do that naturally? come on bro.
look at lance. he said they were ALL blood doping. the closest a natural guy could get was 12th place

Fighting isn't cycling, there is an order of magnitude less money and resources in MMA, its not a reasonable comparison.

Regarding DJ, I can't tell you if he's clean, but he wouldn't be on my short list of guys to suspect.

If we put PEDS aside, DJ is more technical than all of his peers and certainly has better fight IQ. He doesn't have better speed, reflexes and overall athleticism then John Dodson, but he's fully capable of out classing him.

Fighting isn't cycling, there is an order of magnitude less money and resources in MMA, its not a reasonable comparison.

Regarding DJ, I can't tell you if he's clean, but he wouldn't be on my short list of guys to suspect.

If we put PEDS aside, DJ is more technical than all of his peers and certainly has better fight IQ. He doesn't have better speed, reflexes and overall athleticism then John Dodson, but he's fully capable of out classing him.
I just find it hard to believe that a natural guy can outwork someone on EPO.

Back