Dana White says TUF is "not going anywhere" and TNCS will get more seasons

VVarhead

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Apparently the last season of TUF did very well, and Tuesday Night Contender Series "is killing it for them", so both shows are going to continue.
He also says that at the beginning more people were watching the standard commentary, but now the majority of the viewers of TNCS are watching snoop-cast:

other news:
-Next "Looking for a Fight" episode on youtube will be in Cuba.
-He also commented on "Zuffa Boxing", says he will let everyone know when "it's time"
-some Conor Mctapper bullshit
-also says Mairbek Taisumov is the best LW in the division (ok, I made that one up).

I'm not that happy about TUF being continued, many people speculated that the next season would be the last one. Who the fuck watches that shit?
But continuing DWTNCS is great news (and was already leaked, basically).

Stupid show.

Done with it years ago.

Haven't watched the new Tuesday night show yet. Will hold off judgement until that happens.

TUF sucks but WME is still thirsty for reality TV money so no big surprise there.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I love TUF. It's formulaic and can seem stale for many different reasons, but it's still a legit documentary of a 6-week tournament between 16/32 fighters, many of which will be UFC fighters (and some of them will be top fighters). And it can never seem that redundant when it's always a different field of fighters and hundreds of different fights.

Some seasons have really sucked (16), but the overwhelming majority of the seasons have kicked ass, imo. They get better with age, too. I love to revisit old TUFs.

I watched TUF 25 after not watching since TUF 20. It was a really good show other than Cody v. TJ beef. The real appeal of "comebacks" was that the guys were basically all business. The fights were pretty good. Really liked how they got the rights for some fighters bouts outside the UFC. Also liked the home footage the guys did.

I'm not a fan of TUF holding up divisions when a champ is coach, but obviously Fox is happy so good for them. Its all exposure
Tuesday night thing was brilliant programming for FP

I seem to be in the minority here, but I love TUF. It's formulaic and can seem stale for many different reasons, but it's still a legit documentary of a 6-week tournament between 16/32 fighters, many of which will be UFC fighters (and some of them will be top fighters).

Some seasons have really sucked (16), but the overwhelming majority of the seasons have kicked ass, imo. They get better with age, too. I love to revisit old TUFs.

After watching Tuesday Night Contenders I would honestly never even consider watching TUF again.
It's just that much more enjoyable.

But I must admit that I hate any reality-TV so it's not surprising. I just watched TUF for the fights at the end.

Apparently the last season had some of the best ratings ever. <DCrying> (this is the first time I'm using this gif.)
Gotta please the casuals I guess. The best part about that show was the pranks. They've seemed to tone it down a bit over the years though.

After watching Tuesday Night Contenders I would honestly never even consider watching TUF again.

If they did one TUF a year it would be easier to consume since we are 12+ years into it
But it must make everyone money & this announcement after a rumored deal with Fox was agreed to is a telling sign

Sherdog: Bitches for years about the UFC not having tournaments, but says TUF sucks.

GTFO.

Gotta please the casuals I guess. The best part about that show was the pranks. They've seemed to tone it down a bit over the years though.

the pranks and the occassional cringeworthy drunkard douchebag that wants to bang

It definitely is great. But TUF is more fulfilling for me. I'd rather watch a new movie than commit to a new TV show because it's much more convenient, but the tv show is more fulfilling.

DWTNCS is amazing, though. It's a short, sweet mma event on a Tuesday. I can't get enough of it.

DWTNCS is amazing, though. It's a short, sweet mma event on a Tuesday. I can't get enough of it.

Best part is the urgency of it
I also like that we get different people on camera
Part of UFC's recent issues for me, is everything feels & looks the same

I love TUF. You can really get to know the different mentalities of modern day gladiators.

Also there's a lot of inspiring moments on the show with guys fighting for their dream. Like from last season (the Redemption) I still remember a quote from Tom Gallichio:
'I don't have a wife, i don't have kids that i'm fighting for like all these other guys. I gave everything to get here ... AND I'm willing to give more.'

Last edited:
Back