Who do you think Dana wants to win in upcoming fights?

Typrune Goatley

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
JDS vs Ngannou
You know damn well Dana and everybody corporate wants Ngannou to win so they can sell him as a challenger to Stipe

Demetrious Johnson vs Ray Borg
I was going to say Borg so they can use that as leverage against DJ in contract negotations but if DJ does break the record maybe Dana will finally have a star and new $$$$? Lol nah. He probably wants Borg to win.

Max Holloway vs Frankie Edgar
Of course all the hardcore fans want Edgar to win but from a business standpoint it would probably benefit the UFC for Max to stay on a hot streak and keep poking jabs at Conor for media attention and potential super fight.

What do you think about these?

Kevin Lee vs Tony Ferguson
Bisping vs GSP
Jorge Masvidal vs Stephen Thompson
Joanna J vs Thug Rose

Any more you can think of?

NgPHwyj.png

He doesn't give a fuck about ray borg vs mm. Nobody does

What do you mean by who he "wants" to win? This shit is all scripted. WWUFC.

I think all the answers are obvious. he wants ngannou to win so there's another legit top contender in HW... he doesn't really care about mm, but ray Borg would be even less of a commodity than mm, so he wants mm to win... and he wants Holloway to win. I think of all the champs, (besides mm) Edgar proved to be the least valuable (monetarily) for the ufc.

I think all the answers are obvious. he wants ngannou to win so there's another legit top contender in HW... he doesn't really care about mm, but ray Borg would be even less of a commodity than mm, so he wants mm to win... and he wants Holloway to win. I think of all the champs, (besides mm) Edgar proved to be the least valuable (monetarily) for the ufc.

Who do you think he is rooting for in Bisping vs GSP? Probably GSP to set up a super fight with the WW or LW champ? Right?

Dana always said he is more of a boxing guy so he probably wants Floyd to KO Conor

Who do you think he is rooting for in Bisping vs GSP? Probably GSP to set up a super fight with the WW or LW champ? Right?

I would definitely think it would be gsp yeah. gsp has generated the most $ per ppv in the history of the ufc. until Conor came around.

Dana probably wants Floyd to KO Conor

I don't think that's that crazy of a statement. not because dana used to box and he loves boxing. but if Conor loses (which is very likely), the likelihood of Conor fighting mma again is much higher than if Conor somehow beat Floyd. if Conor somehow beats Floyd, you better believe he would keep boxing for the bigger $

JDS vs Ngannou
You know damn well Dana and everybody corporate wants Ngannou to win so they can sell him as a challenger to Stipe

Demetrious Johnson vs Ray Borg
I was going to say Borg so they can use that as leverage against DJ in contract negotations but if DJ does break the record maybe Dana will finally have a star and new $$$$? Lol nah. He probably wants Borg to win.

Max Holloway vs Frankie Edgar
Of course all the hardcore fans want Edgar to win but from a business standpoint it would probably benefit the UFC for Max to stay on a hot streak and keep poking jabs at Conor for media attention and potential super fight.

What do you think about these?

Bisping vs GSP
Joanna J vs Thug Rose

Any more you can think of?

View attachment 263935
He wants Ferguson, Bisping wonderboy and Joanna to win. Ferguson because if he really cared about Kevin lee he woulda made that fight on the Detroit card. Bisping because GSP costs too much money and has made things difficult for UFC in the past. Wonderboy because he is a much bigger draw. Joanna because she is a dominant champion and I'm not sure even if Rose won that fight that she would keep the belt as long as Joanna did. Fun thread!

IF gsp can beat bisbing, your ultimate goal is to do connor vs gsp. IF conor beats floyd, you do whatever the fuck conor wants. if that means connor wants khabib, he gets khabib in russia. if connor wants gsp for the middleweight belt, thats what he gets. if conor wants woodley (maybe gsp beats bisping and drops to fight woodley and wins) then conor will wait to fight gsp for the 170 and thats what he gets. so 155,170, and for fucks sake maybe even 185 are in connors grasp. imagine if somehow they pulled a 145/155 champ conor vs 185/170 champ gsp at 170. addthat shit to to john lennons words :) at 205 its jones, at HW its jones. at 145 it has to be max, and 135 is cody. there is no care for 125

women i would say joanna with of paige having an impossible awakening. wet dream rhonda comes back? as far as markets go, he would hope for amanda to roll through shev, and demand cyborg and finally get cyborg out of mma for good

JDS vs Ngannou : new contender
Demetrious Johnson vs Ray Borg : victorious Borg will kill this division
Max Holloway vs Frankie Edgar: I would bet Max, but I don't think they care.
Kevin Lee vs Tony Ferguson : Tony because he is barbarian.
Bisping vs GSP: GSP will be killed by Rockhold, Romero, Whittaker etc.
Jorge Masvidal vs Stephen Thompson: new contender
Joanna J vs Thug Rose: they want her to break Ronda's record,

I think Dana and the UFC would love for MM to lose. He just doesn't move the needle. Maybe no one can in that division, I don't know. But the whole division is stale with MM as the champ and casuals just do not want to tune in.

They definitely want Holloway to win. Exciting fighter, young, yeah they can build around him.

Not sure there's a preference between Lee and Ferguson. I think both guys are plenty sellable.

Definitely GSP. He's one of the biggest stars the UFC has ever had. GSP back and with a belt again would mean big $$$.

Masvidal and Thompson are both sellable, but Masvidal is younger and he hasn't lost two lackluster fights to the current champ who doesn't move the needle himself. He's also a gimme matchup for GSP to go down and snatch up that belt. Woodley is a much tougher fight for GSP than Masvidal.

Bisping vs GSP
Joanna J vs Thug Rose

Kevin Lee: He can talk the talk. Him against Colon would be a bunch of trashtalk and embarassing clothes.

GSP of course. Ducksping does not sell shit. Georges defending the MW strap would sell.

Mas-Wonderboy? He must not really give a fuck.

JJ vs Rose: It does not care... is a mismatch. My girl JJ is going to starch that short haired freak.

JDS is by far the most liked Heavyweight & has 1.5 million social media followers.

If Conor beats Floyd he will move up to fight 3 times bigger guys in Canelo-Golovkin winner.

conor is fighting at 154. canelo/golovkin is at 160. thats 6 pounds bro.

also canelo fought at 152 vs floyd. so

Back