Can we stop acting like Conor isn't a boxer

DopeAmbitions

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's all Conor is, all Conor does is box in mma,that's his bread and butter. He's got hands, he can box but that doesn't mean he's an elite boxer. MMA fighters train boxing for years just like boxers it's just they don't focus on only boxing. Then we see Conor outboxing and destroying guys with his boxing, he's probably the best boxer we've ever seen in mma along with the Diaz bros and Junior.

Conor has pro hands and technique, there are levels in pro boxing, he's at best average.

So this Conor is 0-0 is bullshit, he's never fought professionally but he has pro skills and has trained boxing his whole career. I'm sure he's even gotten better hands on focusing on boxing for this fight.

Mayweather isn't boxing Jake Shields, Floyd should win but Conor could catch him.

Randy did a little boxing in the army, Joe...

Conor isn't a boxer, he's a puncher. Boxing is more than just punching despite what the propoganda machine has lead you to believe.

If Conor Mcgregor had talent boxing, and was able to beat Floyd Mayweather with that talent, he would never have gone to MMA.

Every MMA fighter trains in boxing. When a guy has zero boxing matches under his belt, it's very accurate to say that he is in fact not a boxer.

Conor isn't a boxer, he's a puncher. Boxing is more than just punching despite what the propoganda machine has lead you to believe.

If Conor Mcgregor had talent boxing, and was able to beat Floyd Mayweather with that talent, he would never have gone to MMA.
Conor does have some technique and accuracy. His boxing is descent

conor is a boxer. he boxed before he went to mma.He is one of few fighters who can actually box and not just punch in mma. the others being edgar, anderson silva, stipe, and diaz

pretty much, but im buying the hype a bit - the paulie thing has me thinking he has a chance hahah

conor is a boxer. he boxed before he went to mma.He is one of few fighters who can actually box and not just punch in mma. the others being edgar, anderson silva, stipe, and diaz
When did he box? What is his boxing record?

I just checked to make sure and nope, Conor is not a boxer.

epic fail of a start by posting this in the wrong forum then. way to go, piss belt. :rolleyes:

No.If he stops acting that he is,i will stop that he isn't..

Comparing pro boxing and mma boxing is like comparing football and rugby.

Go rewatch Conor/Diaz 2. Both guys gassed in 2 rounds and it looked like 2 HWs plodding forward with barely any head movement.

The last guy Conor KO'd only knew how to throw looping hooks/big overhand punches and didn't even know how to throw a jab. The majority of mma fighters don't know how to throw a jab. GSP looked like a boxing wizard because he was able to beat Koscheck using the jab over and over.

Last edited:
When did he box? What is his boxing record?

I believe he had amateur fights in ireland but not sure

you might not realize this, but anyone can become a pro boxer. You just have to fill out the form. it isn't something you have to earn like a blackbelt in JJ.

So saying he isn't a boxer because he doesnt have a pro record is absurd. That has nothing to do with knowing the sport of boxing.

"He boxed before he went to MMA" Who cares? So did most people. literally anybody can be an amateur boxer, he had no success at it.

pretty much, but im buying the hype a bit - the paulie thing has me thinking he has a chance hahah

The Paulie thing is a conjob designed to have you believing he has a chance. The entire point of releasing tiny bits of footage and making a big stink about it is to make you think about it a lot then give you a nibble and have you wanting more, so you fill in the blanks left by them deliberately. Don't let them force feed you.

Back