How does GSP beat Bisping? (He won’t)

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
· T(KO) Nope.

· Lay n Pray (Bisping is bigger and has good TDD so highly doubt it)

· Out point him on the feet? (maybe but that is Bisping’s style as well)

· Better cardio? Bisping is known for having some of the best cardio in the UFC so no.

· Welter weight fighting a middle weight.

I might be proven wrong but I’m having a hard time visualising how GSP wins this.

He could pull a close decision victory off by mixing up the wrestling and boxing like Sonnen and Rashad did. That's about it tbh, he isn't finishing him.

The difference is Sonnen and Rashad could match him for size and strength. GSP won't have the luxury of either, putting him at a clear disadvantage in the striking and he will have to work harder for the takedowns.

He definitely can win, but I think he is overlooking Mike as most people do and he'll end up paying for it.

GSP's jab is crazy effective, if Hendo could land on bisping GSP likely can too.

He also has a crazy double leg bad times it very well, so we'll see the the TDD holds up

It's hard for me to pick a favorite here

He could just jab that stupid eye for 5 rounds.

Big GSP supporter but I don't like this fight for him, especially after such a long absence. I thinks GSP can only win by controversial split decision.

Ping probably gonna knock him out
Gonna be a tough pill for his huggers to swallow

Ping probably gonna knock him out
Gonna be a tough pill for his huggers to swallow

Not knock him out, but lay the beating on him he put on Cung Li:

This will be GSP

cung-le-face-2.jpg

'I wahna congradulate Meyekal Bisping on a great pervormahnce'

I am as big of a fan of GSP as it gets but for me he is the underdog as well.

Bisping is a tough style match up. GSP has had a huge layoff. He suffered another ACL injury during that time iirc.

There is a lot of things going against him.

But he is a master gameplanner. He is always prepared for what the opponent brings. And he is a very smart fighter. If he can get Bisping down he will dominate him there. And his striking is better than people give him credit for. If he can get Bisping's respect on the feet and mix it up he can win.

I believe he can do it.

I admire that he is taking on such a huge challenge after a layoff. He is getting tons of shit because of the situation at MW and the timing.

Bisping has better TDD than Anderson and therefore might actually be a tougher match up than Anderson. Even a few years back. By that I mean of course a tougher fight to win. Anderson is or was a bigger risk for physical harm and a brutal KO.

So head says Bisping. But I have hope.

· T(KO) Nope.

· Better cardio? Bisping is known for having some of the best cardio in the UFC so no.

I might be proven wrong but I’m having a hard time visualising how GSP wins this.

It's a tough matchup, no doubt. Let's see if it's a tough fight. I think the wrestling is his best bet to get to lay and grind or whatever his fighting shape allows him to do now when he gets a bigger man down. But that's his best bet on paper.

The question is how does the battle between Bisping's TDD and GSP's TDs go?

Prob not like Woodley-Maia so I'm eager to see...

He could pull a close decision victory off by mixing up the wrestling and boxing like Sonnen and Rashad did. That's about it tbh, he isn't finishing him.

The difference is Sonnen and Rashad could match him for size and strength. GSP won't have the luxury of either, putting him at a clear disadvantage in the striking and he will have to work harder for the takedowns.

He definitely can win, but I think he is overlooking Mike as most people do and he'll end up paying for it.
Rashad said GSP is a better wrestler than him back when they were doing a lead up series to the BJ vs GSP 2 fight.

Rashad said GSP is a better wrestler than him back when they were doing a lead up series to the BJ vs GSP 2 fight.

He probably is, but Rashad fought Bisping back when wrestling was still fairly new to him and he had questionable takedown defense, and it was STILL a razor thin decision that arguably could have gone the other way.

So it evens out imo.

Chael has also said on numerous occasions that GSP tooled him wrestling

You guys underestimate GSP. The Canadian Olympic wrestling team considered him even though he had no amateur experience.

The same way you beat your meat, fast and vicious.....

I think this would be been a horrible match up for him about 5-6 years ago, but Bisoing is way older now, and has slowed down. Also, GSP's TDs don't require brute strength, and is a master at timing the shot. Also, he's one of the most elite high/low fighters in MMA history, so he can work that finesse game on him.

I think GSP is gonna a outspeed him, and bank on Bisping being slower now. Also, GSP is gonna be crazy strong with the added weight, while I also think he'll enjoy a speed advantage still, even with the added weight. Chael did say GSP was the strongest guy he's ever grappled with, so I think he might surprise a lot at MW.

· T(KO) Nope.

All GSP has to do is make it to the end and they will give him the dec. win. He was the golden boy for a long time...

All you GSP doubters saying he doesn't have a chance will be the first motherfuckers on here saying "Bisping was washed up he beat an old injured one eyed Bisping" if GSP wins.

St-Pierre is the better fighter, everywhere.

He will probably win a clear cut decision with some takedown here and there, while controlling the fight on the feet.

He won't destroy Bisping like Rockhold did, but he will still win decisevely.

Back