What are Kevin Lee's strengths as a fighter?

Dick_Stillhard

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
There is talk of him vs Ferguson, but how would you rate his chances vs Conor McGregor?

Great wrestling and excellent ground game. He'll tool Conor if he gets him down and finally open up the Asian market for the UFC. :D

"IT Factor" and versatility + confidence + focus

I don't think I've seen this guy fight before but Asians are typically good at Karate or TaeKwonDo

I don't really know, or think he's elite at any one thing. From the little I've seen of him, he seems like more of a bracket of trades type of fighter, that more towards wrestling/grappling.

And I probably haven't watched a full one of his fights, but from the little footage I've seen, he doesn't seem that particularly explosive athletic.

Now that he's in talks of fighting my boy, Tony, I'm actually gonna watch Lee/Chiesa. Just watched the highlights for that fight.

strong listening skills

like travis browne

Strong takedowns, top pressure, and good enough grappling to take advantage of advantageous positions. His striking is good enough, to service his wrestling and grappling. He has a more meat and potatoes style of fighting, something that theoretically could give Tony fits if he gets too wild.

Decent wrestling and a big mouth. His striking is piss-poor. He got KTFO'd by a 35 year old BJJ guy with white belt level stand up. Efrain Escudero was also lighting him up all over the ring on the feet and Lee had to resort to panic wrestling to get the decision.

Tony or Conor would both smash his face in.

Tony has everything Lee has, and way more imo

He's a wizard with those standing chokes, and really all subs from all angles. Dude is an ambush predator who's always looking to snatch something up.

His offensive kickboxing is way better, and he's got a pretty stout chin

There is talk of him vs Ferguson, but how would you rate his chances vs Conor McGregor?
Wrastlin

tumblr_miuj9krXFN1rfpnkdo1_500.gif

His strenght is that he's good at fighting I would say. Furthermore, he's a pretty good mixed martial artist. A good MMA competitor who knows how to fight.

He's probably the best asian Lightweight fighter.

on a serious note: I don't like the guy and I think Leonardo Santos would beat him again in a rematch, lol.

best boxer in ufc aside from gamebred
best ufc fighter in ufc apart from jones
mastered the art of hong kongese warfare
top tier strategist

Back