Old schools last line of defense

The Maniac

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
UFC is heavily matching up all there to be hall of famers (4 out of the 5 former pride veterans)for their last call.

Machida vs Brunson
Lil Nog vs Cannonier
Anderson vs Gastelum
Shogun vs OSP
Nate the great vs Cezar (2 fight losing streak)

After possible losses to we only got Hunto, Barnett, Werdum, Alistair and Vitor left

I have to say it is quite incredible that these guys still hang in there, even far, far away from their prime.

This is also one of the reasons I don't believe in the new breed, and the evolved fighter in 2017, compared to 2008.

I guess we could also mention Lawler, Lombard, Mousasi (even if not in the UFC), as old school/pride fighters...

I think Cannonier's destruction of Lil Nog will be ugly.

<6>

With as many L's and Hunt, Overeem, and Vitor have taken, and as bad as Barnett has looked recently, in what way are they "the only ones left?"

No one is left. It's over.

With as many L's and Hunt, Overeem, and Vitor have taken, and as bad as Barnett has looked recently, in what way are they "the only ones left?"

Well, Werdum and Overeem have legit title aspirations, for the others only fun fights are left.

dont you mean: " I'TS AAALL OVER "

This is also one of the reasons I don't believe in the new breed, and the evolved fighter in 2017, compared to 2008.

None of these guys are fighting top competition, be it "new breed" or not. Sure, guys like Brunson and OSP aren't the best of the new crop and don't represent anything we didn't see in 2008..in fact, OSP started fighting in 2008.

I'll believe in Anderson until he's pushed to the cage in a wheelchair<{silvanormal}>

UFC should separate fighters by age as well weight.

Yeah, guys like Anderson, Rashad, Machida, Dan Kelly, Belfort, Little Nog, Shogun, etc. should only be fighting each other. As soon as Bisping loses his title, he can join their league.

Hope they pull through 4 out of the 5 could end in a KO loss for our golden oldies : (

Randy Couture paved the way, wasn't he mid forties when he won the heavyweight belt.

Over 40 and you should be allowed a weapon in the cage. Nothing serious like a gun, but knuckle dusters, a billy club, SOMETHING to defend you from "the new breed of 2017 fighter".

Yeah, guys like Anderson, Rashad, Machida, Dan Kelly, Belfort, Little Nog, Shogun, etc. should only be fighting each other. As soon as Bisping loses his title, he can join their league.

Rashad vs. Shogun would just be cruel. Half of those guys just need to retire.

None of these guys are fighting top competition, be it "new breed" or not. Sure, guys like Brunson and OSP aren't the best of the new crop and don't represent anything we didn't see in 2008..in fact, OSP started fighting in 2008.
Not long ago, aging Werdum And Robbie held belts, Vitor was beating up the new breed, And a past prime Mark Hunt was ranked near or in the top 5. That says quite a lot...

Back