McGregor change of style

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been rewatching some of Conor's fights and i noticed that he doesn't throw nearly as much spinning shit in his later fights. Why do you think this is? Does he play it safer?

I've been rewatching some of Conor's fights and i noticed that he doesn't throw nearly as much spinning shit in his later fights. Why do you think this is? Does he play it safer?

diaz_nate-1040x572.jpg

That shyt only works on midgets...unless your name is Jon Jones.

Efficiency. For such a bruce lee follower he used alot of high kicks which are shunned in Lees Tao of jeet kune do.

Because they are inefficient.

He was able to last against Nate because he stopped throwing spinning shit.

He's still a young fighter who is finding himself

I think his most impressive performance was Alvarez. He isn't a great kicker, he should keep his feet on the floor

Conor turn into Eco Conor. His IQ is incredible.

It was a bunch of energy wasting low percentage horseshit that he was doing to try to throw his opponents.

Everything but left hand is smoke and mirrors.

did any of his spinning kicks ever do anything?

seems like he just threw them from 10 miles away with no hope of landing any of them. it's definitely smart of him to not us them - it's a waste of energy, his gas tank is one of his biggest question marks, and they've never landed anyway

I've been watching some of Conor's fights too! I love coincidences!

I play a game where if I get 3 coincidences in one day I reward myself with 1 crack rock!

Rare thread where every post above mine gets a like from me.

did any of his spinning kicks ever do anything?

seems like he just threw them from 10 miles away with no hope of landing any of them. it's definitely smart of him to not us them - it's a waste of energy, his gas tank is one of his biggest question marks, and they've never landed anyway

I have seen a lot of people on Sherdog say he would throw a spinning back kick with his left leg every time his opponent would move to their left(away from Conor's power hand). Basically Conor would try to prevent his opponent from going left and try to veer them to their right which would lead them into range for his power left hand.

Waste of energy and he has concentrated on movement of his opponent more than ever before. More less has become a counter puncher and only attacks when the opening is there.

His "dominant style" only works against smaller men. As he faces people his own size, he needs to learn to fight. But he will lose to all top LW contenders his own size....

his spinning back kick to the body and his teeps are all he needs... going high with the spinning back kick is dumb.. look what happened to weidman

Conors kicks arent that great at all

Great hands though, IF he returns to MMA after this boxing match I will say his hands will prob be even more lethal than before. Hes gonna put mittens on whoever he gets next....

I have seen a lot of people on Sherdog say he would throw a spinning back kick with his left leg every time his opponent would move to their left(away from Conor's power hand). Basically Conor would try to prevent his opponent from going left and try to veer them to their right which would lead them into range for his power left hand.

i mean that sounds cool and all but better footwork accomplishes the same thing which is probably why he's throwing less of them now (his footwork has gotten better)

He learned you can't take everyone's head off. Sometimes you have to be the smarter fighter.

Back