Aljamain Sterling pretty much admits he would lose to Jon Dodson

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
"Man. F**k Dodson, that guy runs around the cage like a little Chihuahua. Seriously, who wants to see that fight?"

"It’s going to be a boring fight, because I’m not going to chase the guy. I’ll stalk him, but I won’t chase him. He’ll try to blitz in, throw 1-2 punches and move. It’s not a fun fight for me or the fans. If he wants to point fight, I can definitely outpoint fight him. I’ve got the longer arms and the longer limbs. If he gets too close man, I’ll take him down and put him on his back."

https://realsport101.com/news/sport...runs-around-the-cage-like-a-little-chihuahua/

7th vs 8th in the division seems like a good fight to make IMO.

If Sterling knew how to throw a punch he would be a real solid fighter, but until then he has a major major hole in his game.

If Sterling knew how to throw a punch he would be a real solid fighter, but until then he has a major major hole in his game.

He showed something resembling a jab a few times against Barao. Hopefully, that's a step in the right direction.

As it stands now, this is clearly a shitty stylistic match up for him. Dodson is dangerous standing and has insane TD defence.

Totally did my bad, forgot Dodson moved up.
So flyweight is "shit" that needs to be shut down

but BW is fine.

Just making sure I understand this correctly

seems very retarded. Very.

but BW is fine.

Bantamweight is an awesome and deep division. That's why the Flyweight champ doesn't wanna go up or defend his title against former 35 champ.

but BW is fine.

but BW is fine.

When they were trying to get MM to fight TJ there was talk of the division being shut down and merged with BW, I just hoped that might actually happen.

"Man. F**k Dodson, that guy runs around the cage like a little Chihuahua. Seriously, who wants to see that fight?"

"It’s going to be a boring fight, because I’m not going to chase the guy. I’ll stalk him, but I won’t chase him. He’ll try to blitz in, throw 1-2 punches and move. It’s not a fun fight for me or the fans. If he wants to point fight, I can definitely outpoint fight him. I’ve got the longer arms and the longer limbs. If he gets too close man, I’ll take him down and put him on his back."

https://realsport101.com/news/sport...runs-around-the-cage-like-a-little-chihuahua/

You started a thread saying that Aljo admits he'll lose, and you posted a quote where Aljo talks about how he'll win.

WTF? Sherdog should require a reading test to be completed to earn thread posting privileges.

but BW is fine.

one division has no love, cruz, tj, lineker etc. and the other has mighty mouse and benavidez. 135 shits on 125

one division has no love, cruz, tj, lineker etc. and the other has mighty mouse and benavidez. 135 shits on 125
I remember a time when HW sucked ass (worse than now)

when LHW had nothing interesting going on

When MW was unanimously considered the weakest division in the UFC

When LW fighters were too small to be interesting

When BW fighters were too small to be interesting

If they got rid of every division when it was sucking, all we'd have left was WW

How ironic. Sterling calling Dodson boring. I wonder if Sterling actually believes he is an entertaining fighter.

Sterling is the bantamweight king of lay and pray

Sterling is the new Woodley, except without the talent.

I mean he is ranked around 5 in the world for his division. I would say he is a pretty solid fighter.....lol

Bantamweight is an awesome and deep division. That's why the Flyweight champ doesn't wanna go up or defend his title against former 35 champ.

I'm sure he'd do it if they paid him more.

In DJs mind it's basically a superfight and the UFC is offering the same amount of money as defending his title against the likes of Ray Borg. I'd turn that down too.

I'm sure he'd do it if they paid him more.

In DJs mind it's basically a superfight and the UFC is offering the same amount of money as defending his title against the likes of Ray Borg. I'd turn that down too.

He didn't even demand more money up front, although it would have been reasonable to; all he asked for was a financial guarantee that Dillashaw would make weight.

He didn't even demand more money up front, although it would have been reasonable to; all he asked for was a financial guarantee that Dillashaw would make weight.

UFC had little to lose by accepting it either. It wasnt a lot of money considering.

I guarantee it was all about Dana not wanting to look like hes publicly conceding to MM. His ego is why the fight didn't happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back