Michael Bisping vs Georges St-Pierre has Chris Weidman contemplating jump to light heavyweight

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“My goal is to be the champ and there’s no way of me getting to have the belt for two years or more just based on other people taking their time with taking fights. It’s a weird place to be, it’s not interesting. I mean, if 185 doesn’t like, things don’t change, I want to maybe think about possibly going to 205. So if there’s a clear picture to a title at 205, then I would consider that. Let’s see, maybe Bisping or maybe GSP gets injured, I don’t know, and then I’ll be ready to go for November and Bisping won’t be able to scatter away from a guy like me. So that would be something that would work out for me nice for me. I’m in New York, I’m ready to go.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...dman-contemplating-jump-light-heavyweight-ufc

<6>

He would probably get destroyed.

Chris is the gatekeeper of 185 now

A lot of bad matchups at 205.. I don't like him there

Chris whining would make sense if he was close to a titleshot

he is a gate keeper at 185 no different at 205

This is why Chuck never went up to heavyweight......why go from being big in one weight class to small in another?

It truly must be a difficult place to be in, wanting a rematch or wanting to reclaim your title, when you know it's gonna take a couple of years (or close).

If you're in the NBA or NFL or some league of sorts, there's always a match next week.

Weidman ducking GSP alerady

jk jk jk

Nice to see him fight in his natural division.

The weightcutt to MW was ruining his body and mind..

17817460_201866183641408_6926526889636921344_n.jpg

I liked Weidman's fighting style, but I thought he is an idiot. If you watch his octagon, he is kind of an idiot. But now I am sure he is an idiot. Sorry, Weidman's fans!

First, he has only 1 win in his last 4 fights. And he wants a title shot. Guys like Romero, Rockhold or Souza deserve a title shot more than Weidman. Yes, he is right about Bisping, but still...

Secondly, the guys at LHW would destroy him. Jones, DC, Gus, Volkan, Manuwa, OSP.

I don't think he really means it, he just wants to complain about it.

He's a huge middleweight so maybe with the extra 20lbs he'd do better.

Kelvin is a huge 170 and mid sized 185, Chris dwarfed him. He could make waves at 205 like Cowboy and Jorge jumping up a class

Weirdman should be worrying about getting a winning streak going

It's not a lack of activity by other guys that's gonna keep him from a TS at MW. It's the 3 losses in a row. By the time he beat a few guys to be in place for a shot that much time will have gone by.

Back