Machida vs Derek Brunson Headlines UFC Sao Paulo Oct 28

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Just Glad Machida is back fighting , hope the dragon gets a classic counter strike KO

If Brunson would stop leading with his chin he'd be up there.

50/50 match up I suppose

Great tilt. Been a long suspension

YESSS FINALLY

WARRR
machida.gif

I expect Brunson to go back to LnPing for this matchup, if he goes balls to the wall like he had been for a while leading up to and during the Whittaker fight Machida will sleep him.

Lyoto is old now and not nearly as fast as he used to be, I think Brunson will be able to pressure and bully him despite how well Lyoto used to deal with wrestle boxers.

Stylistic lay-up for Lyoto if he isn't affected by the layoff

Should be similar to machida vs bader but idk, i would prefer lyoto to retire. Brunson isn't great but is much younger and could potentially ko him. I wouldn't like to see that honestly.

seems like I haven't seen Machida fight in years, has it been years?

Great matchup for machida. Brunson likes to come forward with little head movement or defense and throw hooks, he will eat straight punches from Lyoto the whole fight.

Also he is a good wrestler but not quite top tier, which you need to be if you expect to get machida down and keep him there. Brunson is no Weidman or Romero in the grappling department.

I expect a relatively slow first round, Brunson would be wise to not rush in too fast and machida will probably feel him out for awhile and get his feints/timing/distance down. Lyoto will get the tko in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
Stylistic lay-up for Lyoto if he isn't affected by the layoff

Once upon a time, yes.

He has slowed with age, and that was evident when he was fighting two years ago getting stopped by Luke and Yoel. I knkw those are great fighters and that Brunson isn't on their level, but Machida is now 39 and hasn't won a fight in three years.

I expect a UD for Brunson.

I hope the time off has rejuvenated my man Machida. I fear Brunson is going to be too much for him.
But he could catch Brunson with a counter straight right and blitz him.

I still feel like a super aggressive approach from Machida would get him some great results.

Should be similar to machida vs bader but idk, i would prefer lyoto to retire. Brunson isn't great but is much younger and could potentially ko him. I wouldn't like to see that honestly.
This is a good measuring stick to see where Machida really is now. If he loses or barely gets by, then I agreee he should retire.

Lyoto should take this one if he isn't too rusty

So happy he's finally back

Interesting fght.

I'll go with Lyoto Machida. The Dragon is back!

I expect Brunson to go back to LnPing for this matchup, if he goes balls to the wall like he had been for a while leading up to and during the Whittaker fight Machida will sleep him.

Lyoto is old now and not nearly as fast as he used to be, I think Brunson will be able to pressure and bully him despite how well Lyoto used to deal with wrestle boxers.
Does LnPing mean Laying and Praying? As in waiting for the right time to strike?

Thanx for the love for machida guys even though hes on a decline you still voted for him

Back