Does anybody think Edson Barboza is gonna be able to stop Khabib Nurmagomedov?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Khabib's father mentioned Barboza's name as his possible next match up.

If this fight really happens, how do you see it going? Is Barboza gonna be shy to throw kicks? Is he gonna explode out of nowhere and get some crazy KO? What do you think?
DeadHonorableCapeghostfrog.gif

Or is he gonna sucumb again to the pressure of the best grappler in the division?
giphy.gif

Thoughts?

lmao if edson tries to even throw a kick, kabib gon catch it and take him down

baboza is too long of a fight to avoid the takedown unfortuantely. hes got goood hands tho but kabib takes him down at will and the fight is pretty much over once the first take down happens

Terrible matchmaking.

Barboza gets taken down at the beginning of each round and never gets back up.

yeah poor matchmaking here. barboza can scramble for a bit but there's no way he stops khabib from taking him down every round

barboza vs ferguson II would be better.

I sure hope so. I'm getting sick of hearing about this kabob guy and I am at least familiar Edson who is an exciting fighter.

Khabib has a suspect chin and TERRIBLE striking. I think if barboza can really train some TDD and strike from a distance he can KO Khabib. I can see Barboza setting up a flying knee as Kahbib goes for a takedown or just brutalizing khabib on the feet with leg kicks, body kicks, and etc... However, if Khabib is able to succesfully get a hold of him and take him down Khabib can easily win through ground n pound or submission

Khabib's father mentioned Barboza's name as his possible next match up.

If this fight really happens, how do you see it going? Is Barboza gonna be shy to throw kicks? Is he gonna explode out of nowhere and get some crazy KO? What do you think?
DeadHonorableCapeghostfrog.gif

Or is he gonna sucumb again to the pressure of the best grappler in the division?
giphy.gif

Thoughts?
If I have to see Edson set back again, and by this bearfucker fat boi, I'm gonna be pisssseeeeddd...
Feed Kebab to Conor once he returns with Floyd's head, then I'd like to see Colon vs Edson. Great fight.

Khabib ruins him. How the fuck is Barboza going to load up on kicks when he knows as soon as he throws one he's going to have the best grappler in the division glued to him?

Khabib ruins him. How the fuck is Barboza going to load up on kicks when he knows as soon as he throws one he's going to have the best grappler in the division glued to him?

True, but the speed, timing, and accuracy of barboza's kicks are something that Khabib has never really experienced.

Khabib will maul him. Ferguson is the most dangerous fight for Khabib.

Barboza can maybe land some kicks by making Kaboob back up with strikes and throw kicks while he's backing up.

i dont think he could land kicks but he could potentially stick and move and box him up

khababs striking is terrible, michael johnson rocked him and he is not as good of a stick and move striker as barboza, just has a better chin

If Barboza can avoid getting his kicks grabbed then maybe. Khabib is tough and can take some mean shots. Personally, I give it to Khabib but Barboza is a phenomenal striker..

i dont think he could land kicks but he could potentially stick and move and box him up

khababs striking is terrible, michael johnson rocked him and he is not as good of a stick and move striker as barboza, just has a better chin
Khabib's striking sucks but his defense is actually really good. He defended most of MJ's strikes (and despite MJ's many flaws his striking is actually quite solid) and when he did get hit he shook it off very quickly.

Still, If Barboza could keep that distance and avoid being grabbed then maybe he could pull it off.

Back