Am I the only one who thinks Jones v Gus wasn't that close ?

Defanged

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I had Gus beating him the first round, but mostly through the TD and a couple of strikes.
R2 could have been a draw, for all I care.

But R3, 4, 5 were clearly Jones. I guess I'm curious where people are seeing Gus dominating Jones in such a fashion ? Now, I will admit that the times Gus landed, he made it count, but given the rules of the fight, I saw Jones clearly beating Gus.

0-36876

I had Gus beating him the first round, but mostly through the TD and a couple of strikes.

But R3, 4, 5 were clearly Jones. I guess I'm curious where people are seeing Gus dominating Jones in such a fashion ? Now, I will admit that the times Gus landed, he made it count, but given the rules of the fight, I saw Jones clearly beating Gus.

0-36876
You sir are correct on the score, definitely close though

It could have gone either way. It WAS a close fight.

0-36876
It wasn't really that close.

49-46 Gus.

it was a close fight but the decision was obvious, jones clearly won rounds 2,4,5

some people dont know how to judge a fight and just look at the fight as a whole and post gifs from one round

whats really weird is when people say gus shouldve won round 4 because he was "dominating" except for one strike. the round was back and forth, jones landed multiple headkicks before he rocked him with the elbow then completely dominated the last minute

fun fact: jones landed more strikes in every round except round 5, which nobody scored for gus anyways

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/0aa5be9d0e75dd42

Jones showed heart and determination in the 5th because he was hurt and he pushed through it, hell look at the hospital pics Jones was a mess but the heart of a lion came out in the 5th.
Jones could have won all 5 rounds and it still be a close fight I mean their is a such thing as barely winning a round

Pretty easy to score, 2,4,5 for Jones. It was a competitive fight for sure. Not sure how you have Jones winning round 3.

The fight was razor close, but Jon showed heart, grit and endurance and won the championship rounds.

As a hater of both, i scored it 49-46 Jones. Was rooting for Gus on the night, will root for Jones in the rematch

Jones showed heart and determination in the 5th because he was hurt and he pushed through it, hell look at the hospital pics Jones was a mess but the heart of a lion came out in the 5th.
Jones could have won all 5 rounds and it still be a close fight I mean their is a such thing as barely winning a round

yeah, I think thats the case with round 2 here.

I thought 1 was Gus, 2 Jones, 3 Gus, 4 Jones, 5 Jones. I saw the 4th going in Alex's favor until about 90 seconds left in the round.

Gus did more damage I thought throughout the course of the fight, Jon was the closest to a finish I think at end of the 4th.

Either way, I thought it was extremely close, with 3 rounds to Jon and 2 to Gus (initially, I too, thought that Gus should have deserved the nod). I thought it was definitely closer than JBJ vs DC 1. And more similar to DC vs Gus.

Here's to hoping that they rematch soon and it's as awesome as a fight as the first because that MAY be the single best fight in LHW championship history across any of the major organizations. Shoutout to Wand vs Rampage 2.

Regardless of who you scored it for (I had it for Gus), you're an idiot if you think it wasn't close.

I thought it was a good fight and arguably the closest fight in Jone's career, but there's no question in my mind that Jones won.

i rewatched it recently and it wasnt at all as close as i had remembered.

R1: 10-10
R2: 10-9
R3: 10-9
R4: 9-10
R5: 10-9

49-47 jones

if you disagree with this scoring you dont understand mma

Back