Why they should eliminate the Welterweight weight class

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There are no clear contenders for the next title shot at 170 aside from Nick Diaz who KO'ed the closest thing to a #1 contender and previous champion Robbie Lawler. This would be the perfect time for the UFC to implement a 175lb division and a 165lb division.

The gap between 155-170 is too much considering they are the most talent rich weight classes. This would also give them a chance to strip Woodley who they don't like.

For those that think this is a unnecessary change or too soon, the UFC just added a WMMA division that LITERALLY has one fighter. Discuss.

IMG_3504.JPG

It's not going to be a popular opinion but I think that there should be more weight classes too.

Bellator has the real WW division.

And lol @ Nick Diaz being the #1 contender.

There are no clear contenders for the next title shot at 170 .....

This would be the perfect time for the UFC to implement a 175lb division and a 165lb division.

I do agree with this part. I'm in favor of the 165 and 175 weight classes. 170 should go. I do like and respect Tyron, though. He could be the last WW champion.

Tyron should either be bumped up to 175 champion, or be put in an automatic 175 title fight to crown the first champion in the new weight class. It would be good timing right now considering he's injured and there's no standout #1 contender atm.

In all honesty, I don't know why they don't just bump 170 up to 175. I doubt many WWs would complain, and those who don't like it could drop down to 165.

Nick Diaz has only won 1 fight since coming back from Strikeforce and that was a washed up BJ Penn lol, clear contender

Did you say the gap between 155-170 was to big but they need a 175 division lol
This is getting good

There are no clear contenders for the next title shot at 170 aside from Nick Diaz who KO'ed the closest thing to a #1 contender and previous champion Robbie Lawler. This would be the perfect time for the UFC to implement a 175lb division and a 165lb division.

The gap between 155-170 is too much considering they are the most talent rich weight classes. This would also give them a chance to strip Woodley who they don't like.

For those that think this is a unnecessary change or too soon, the UFC just added a WMMA division that LITERALLY has one fighter. Discuss.

View attachment 263289
Hmmm, I dont know, but you make an interesting point. If enough LW's were willing to move up to 165 then yeah, cause LW is loaded. I guess most of 170 would become 175 and a few MW like Kelvin and Hector would move down as well.

View attachment 263289
They could add 165 and change 170 to 175. But 170 is one of the most prestigious there is.

Kelvin G vs TWood for the inaugural 175lb title. I'd pay to see that!

Khabib vs Conor for the 165lb belt actually makes some sense too. Conor gets to chase another belt (without defending!) and we finally get a bit of clarity back at 155!

No, they need to get rid of that joke called flyweight and leave the rest of the divisions as is.

Oh, so as soon as the black man takes the throne, people just want to get rid of the weightclass all together. Is that what this is? People weren't saying this when GSP was getting people pregnant.

7b67ce47d9b000717ee47adb965d0032

I don't think ten pounds is enough of a gap, too close too many classes and it waters the pool down.
15 and 20 are good gaps.

Lol...

If this is a troll it's genius.

If it's serious the OP is an absolute retard.

Legit LOL at "getting people pregnant."

"When it comes to the matter of the ENTIRE UFC Welterweight division, GSP, you ARE the father!"--Maury Povich

View attachment 263289

<36>

I quit reading at the first sentence. TS is a legit retard.

Back