Adult UFC Fans? How do you watch?

Danespina

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Any adult fans out there, like 35+?

Wondering how have your viewing habits changed over the years once wives, children, jobs etc. became part of your lives? Do you still watch every event? Do you have a hidden place to watch in peace? Any notes on the matter? How does it compare to when you first got into the sport?

Last edited:
There are people over 35 who watch cage fighting?

I order the PPV and pay the cable bill using actual money. I skip TV prelims except for the interesting 1 or 2 bouts.

i watch in my room and don´t let my daughters enter

i don´t want them to watch MMA, they are too young

that is during the prelims. in my country, main cards start at 11.00 PM and by that time they are both asleep

There are people here who have a job wife children and or any combination of above?

DVR and skip all the in-between fight nonsense, walk outs, and introductions. Ain't nobody got time for that!

I typically watch with two of my friends and were all over 40. We alternate who hosts and who pays. Good times

Raises hand. The surest way to get rid of my Wife for a while is to put on some good old UFC. So yes, I still watch every event. :D

I'm 32 but this applies to me. I got into mma around 2001ish. I believe it was a Robbie Lawler fight. He knocked somebody the fuck out, and I thought, "this shit is brutal. I love it!"

When I first got into it I was about 16 and there wasn't a ton of mma out there. The occasional Pride ppv and I wanna say the best damn sports show period had a few free shows. I have a pretty massive dvd collection because I didn't get to see a ton of older fights when they happened and youtube hasn't had everything for that long.

Mid 20's was the best because of my schedule. I had every sunday-monday off so I never missed a fight. I also had a cool little sports bar that showed all the fights about a mile from my old apartment. I walked home plenty of times because cops used to wait outside lol.

Now, it's not kids or a woman that gets in the way, but the job. My wife actually enjoys fights. So do the kids. I go to work really early though, so if I have to work watching a fight is a big no-go. When I do watch them now, I usually just rent them. Grown-up life=grown-up budget. $60 isn't a big deal, and I can just go to my room and go to sleep when the fight is over. I don't have to drive and worry about a dui or anything.

I buy the PPV if they are good, and watch them live with one or two friends. you find your circle of MMA friends drops swiftly as people enter their thirties. I also download every event... fight pass prelims, prelims and main events, from a private MMA tracker and keep them on my home server.
I subscribe to fight pass and also buy 75% of PPV and thus feel free no guilt in torrenting all events and still calling myself a fan, not a leech

Edit.. I meant to add, watch at home. Hate going to bars for events nowadays

I don't watch it nearly as often as I used to. I'd say around 2010 is when I stopped watching every event. I think that the quality of the PPV's used to be much better. I don't really care to watch the smallest divisions and I refuse to watch WMMA.

I had been watching since UFC 3, on and off. I didn't miss anything form UFC 31 to after UFC 100. During that time there were 6-10 of us who would always get together and make a day of it. BBQ, drinks, the watch a PPV. Almost all of my friends have given it up completely.

If I want to, it is easy to watch. It is on late at night, my kid is in bed.

I'm 36, no kids, and lucky to have a gf who loves training and watching MMA. We order 90% of the PPVs at home, go to a local spot to watch the other 10% of the PPVs with our group of friends (casuals), and watch/record the free cards at home. The best thing I ever did was get with a woman who's into MMA and surfing (they sort of go hand-in-hand where I live). Her body stays on point, and I don't have to deal with any shit for spending so much time watching fighting.

Raises hand. The surest way to get rid of my Wife for a while is to put on some good old UFC. So yes, I still watch every event. :D
lol. By "get rid" do you mean your wife leaves the house? Or you go somewhere?

39... Still have friends over. The kids play, wives talk gossip, we eat well and throw down some beers/whiskey/vodka. I don't get every PPV like I used to but it's a good excuse to hangout and have fun.

I'm the only hardcore MMA fan, most others just want to see title fights or the main event. Still like watching fights like when I started but one difficult part was watching the old guard go down to the new studs of today. Love a good scrap even if it's a wmma fight.

I usually watch with my close friend and his brother at our bar....other wise i'll buy the PPV or watch on tv if my friends can't make it, if its a big ppv we'll buy it to avoid a busy bar. Pretty much the same for me, viewing hasnt changed...i'm 35

Back