UFC vet Sam Sicilia to Bellator (per MMAjunkie)

He may do better over there. Dude has some heavy hands.

He may do better over there. Dude has some heavy hands.

With smart match-making, it could be fireworks: Curran, Georgi, even Sicilia's old TUF comrade Justin Lawrence. But someone like Strauss is just going to exploit Sam's lack of grappling for a 15 minute UD.

Always liked Sam, very scrappy. I wish him the best of luck.

Always liked Sam, very scrappy. I wish him the best of luck.

I feel the same way. I just wish that he and his crew (Chiesa and even though I'm not a fan, Julianna Peña) would leave their tiny gym in Spokane behind and really develop their skills.

I'm not saying he should (or could) try to become a D-1 wrestler or a submission ace, but just rounding out his game would go a long way towards setting up the one-punch-KO that we know he's capable of.

Sam has always validated that Mousasi is an elite.....he should make a call to Gegard s people and join team Mousasi. Sicilia has always been a solid training partner and in turn- he'll become a better fighter.

#makethecall

With smart match-making, it could be fireworks: Curran, Georgi, even Sicilia's old TUF comrade Justin Lawrence. But someone like Strauss is just going to exploit Sam's lack of grappling for a 15 minute UD.

Lawrence is a good fight for his debut

Also always was a fan of sicilia. So I'm glad he is getting another shot in a big org. Enjoyed his style so I hope he does well

Back