Did the Ferttitas con WME into thinking that the UFC brand alone (not the fighters) is what sells?

the Ferttitas scammed wme full stop

Yep, I think so. Or, they seem to believe it, anyways.

the Ferttitas scammed wme full stop
WME should have been checking out my posts for the last few years.

they would have saved themselves

now watch them flood the ufc with more divisions and more watered down cards thinking just because they add 2 title fights per a card, it means something

Nope, not at all , nuh uh ,.... just ask them yourself ........

method=get&s=dana-white-fertitta-brock-lesnar.jpg

Absolutely. Fertittas knew that the whole "Brand" was held up by the few stars. I mean let's face it, we're the die hards, but everyone else wants to see Conor, Brock, Iceman, etc. Now, in Valuation of companies they look into Intangible assets like "Brand". Just like Coca-Cola, how do you value that Brand name? It's hard, but I'm certain that WME greatly overvalued the UFC brand by not realizing that it's the stars who made those PPV shows sell, not the brand.

I don't think they conned them. There are HUGE egos involved in the entertainment industry. If anything, i would bet WME thought they could take the UFC farther than the Ferttitas did.

Zuffa Boxing made me chuckle. They got Ari's pance down and they giving it dry.

What does my question have to to with Bellator?

The Ferttitas conned WME.

4.2 billion...
You don't know the meaning of the word conned. Or how business deals like this work.

Fertittas should offer to buy back UFC

offer them 2.2 billion

the fritattas didn't scam anybody. it's up to wme to figure out if the company is worth it or not ... unless they made 'em an offer they couldn't refuse

You don't know the meaning of the word conned. Or how business deals like this work.
Did the Ferttitas con WME into thinking that the UFC brand alone (not the fighters) is what sells?

I trust the valuation of Sherdoggers more than a conglomerate of cutthroat businessmen spearheaded by Ari fucking Emmanuel, a man who pretty much runs the entertainment industry.

You goofs are playing checkers, WME-IMG are playing chess. They bought a booming sport for 4 billion. Already killing it with the TV deals, making a mega-fight between May/Mac happen, and breaking through a whole new audience for MMA. When the Reebok clusterfuck expires in a couple of years, I'm sure they'll brew some sweet deal with a legit company. But hey, what do these people know about business ?

MK-BR903_ARI_G_20120126201942.jpg

The fighters can't sell shit if they don't have the UFC name behind them. Like it or not, that's the way it is.

Back