Edson Barboza deserved the interim title shot over Lee, yay or nay?

Lee has a bigger mouth though.

Ferguson finished him 2 years ago. He then beat Pettis in 2016. Beat Giblert in 2016, and Beneil Dariush earlier this year. I don't feel like that 3 fight win streak puts him at the top.

http://www.ufc.com/rankings?id=

Actually looking at the rankings, it's surprising how few LWs have fought this year.

Barboza, Gaethje and Lee are the only top 10 LWs who have wins this year. Lee is the only one with 2 wins and 2 finishes this year.

Personally, I think staying active and winning takes precedence over inactive fighters.

Khabib really shouldn't be ranked #2. Complete bullshit.

probably, I think his previous loss against Tony was a factor for WME guys

Barboza is more deserving but we're getting this fight served to us because of the "cringey" dynamic Ferg/Lee have when they go back and forth with each other.

That loss to Ferguson probably weighed heavily against him when the decision was made. Oh well. I think he's actually a bad matchup for Khabib and if he gets that fight no doubt he gets a title shot with a win.

Edson quit vs. El Cucuy....that said. I don't agree Lee should be fighting for interim...but he's getting the same gift woodley had...

Nay, they just recently fought

Yes I think he paid his dues.

Good point that Lee setting up the feud himself was a factor.

What people forget as well is Edson was beating up Tony in that fight until Tony got him with that brutal groin strike, right after that he tapped him. I'm happy with Lee because he's a great showman imo... He's like black Conor but he's very chinny.

Lee is more marketable, promotes his fights, hasn't already lost to Ferguson, and isn't recovering from a shoulder surgery. If we're looking at who they've both beat then I'd give it to Barboza, but it isn't just about that.

Ferguson finished him 2 years ago. He then beat Pettis in 2016. Beat Giblert in 2016, and Beneil Dariush earlier this year. I don't feel like that 3 fight win streak puts him at the top.

Actually looking at the rankings, it's surprising how few LWs have fought this year.

Barboza, Gaethje and Lee are the only top 10 LWs who have wins this year. Lee is the only one with 2 wins and 2 finishes this year.

Personally, I think staying active and winning takes precedence over inactive fighters.

Khabib really shouldn't be ranked #2. Complete bullshit.

I'm not sure how Gastelum misses weight and is mandated to go up to middleweight yet Khabib can continue to miss weight, ruin cards, and turn down fights due to an inability to make 155 but is still a LW. Strange.

Yes Barboza deserved the interim shot and a rematch.

But deserved has nothing to do with it. The UFC/WME are banking on Tony and Kevin's banter being a decent seller.

Khabib really shouldn't be ranked #2. Complete bullshit

this, all the way. Khabib doesn't have to fight and he just maintains a comfy ranking at the top and it's weird as shit. He can fight Frank Dingleberry one year from now and he'll still be ranked in the top 2-3... WTF?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back