If GSP beats Bisping and then goes down and gets the WW belt, is he the GOAT?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Would be the 4th fighter to win belts in two divisions and become a 3 time WW champion. He would be GOAT imo. Thoughts?

He ALREADY is the GOAT.

He should just stay retired.

I would say an argument can be made already that he already is the GOAT.

As a Bisping fan beating him isn't massive. GSP is already in the mix. Winning wouldn't hurt but guys would still have an argument. No one has really separated themselves from the pack fully yet and GSP doing this wouldn't do that either because Jones is still undefeated for all intents and purposes

He's already the goat WW. He can never be the overall goat. That's reserved for a HW. Greatest of all time means you beat everyone. There's a whole host of MW's, LHW's and HW's who beat GSP with ease.

Why does he have to go back down and get the WW belt to prove that once has the MW one? He had the WW belt. Never lost it. Defended it multiple times. Nothing to prove there.

I would say an argument can be made already that he already is the GOAT.
this the other two contenders for ufc goat have both had positvie test so i think its easy to argue gsp as the legit goat right now

He is the GOAT now but if he does what you say, then no one has an argument against him.

no, he would be GOAT if he defends against whittaker though.. they are of the same build so I don't know why he wouldn't

I can't have anyone over Jones. Dude was never stopped

Back