What does it feel like to be in the ring/octagon?

Firel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have watched so many MMA fights and now really want to get a taste of standing in the ring/octagon. I understand to become a fighter one needs to train very hard, which is too late for me probably, so I am willing to just get in and see what a fighter would see, even only for a while. How do you do it? What does it feel like to be inside the ring/octagon?

Go to a gym that has one available bro.

Get that MMA feel!

:meow:

I have watched so many MMA fights and now really want to get a taste of standing in the ring/octagon. I understand to become a fighter one needs to train very hard, which is too late for me probably, so I am willing to just get in and see what a fighter would see, even only for a while. How do you do it? What does it feel like to be inside the ring/octagon?
You're asking this question on sherdog?

{<huh}

Lol... In before all the pro fighters respond.

Would you pretend you were a famous fighter (if so, who?) once you were standing inside the octagon? Do a little shadowboxing and pretend the audience were chearing at you? Maybe even do a Cormier, as the kids say, and start crying, overwhelmed with emotions?

I have watched so many MMA fights and now really want to get a taste of standing in the ring/octagon.

Are you sure?

DDNy2XcXsAAbpz2.jpg:large

romero_poop_pants.0.jpg

Never fought in an octagon and not sure if I want to, the ring is king.

You get a warm feeling in your underwear, its amazing

Would you pretend you were a famous fighter (if so, who?) once you were standing inside the octagon? Do a little shadowboxing and pretend the audience were chearing at you? Maybe even do a Cormier, as the kids say, and start crying, overwhelmed with emotions?

I'll probably be speechless and keep staring on the other side for a while. Because it'd be a dream come true.

Last edited:
Go to a gym that has one available bro.

Get that MMA feel!

:meow:

Thanks! Should really go and think about signing up for a membership at a local gym, or even a training center.

Never fought in an octagon and not sure if I want to, the ring is king.

I understand! Bouncing from the ropes can definitely be something to remember about, while you can only get flattened out on the side of the octagon.

You're asking this question on sherdog?

{<huh}

Lol... In before all the pro fighters respond.

Come on, fighters, please share your experience of what it feels like. I know I can be asking some basic questions but I do want to know. Is it as lonely as they say? Can you hear anything from outside? Do you get scary or angry inside you?

Last edited:
I know what you mean, I once had the opportunity to do a little batting practice with the Red Sox once before a game (won the chance through a charity raffle). All I've ever wanted to be was a ballplayer, I love baseball.
So its my turn, I get in the batters box, I do my little stretches, shuffle my ass, take a few cuts just like the pros did as I watched them. I'm in their and here comes the 1st pitch, ZIP! right by me, barely saw the ball. I finally got a taste of what hitting against a pro was really like, it was amazing yet scary. I waved the pitcher over for a talk (he didn't budge) and asked if he could slow it down a little. He stared me dead in the face with no response but I'm sure he heard me. I'm back in the box, readying myself. I see the wind up, the release, still saw no ball, swung as hard as I could and CRACK!!!! I opened up my eyes, dropped the bat, then to my knees. The pitch hit me RIGHT in my dick. It hurt so bad I cried. I was helped off the field to seek medical attention.

Purchase a VIP fan experience ticket. Dream fulfilled

I imagine it wouldn't feel much different then being locked in a cage with a Lion or Bear that hasn't been fed in a few days.

Back