Is UFCs strategy good to let old fighters go to Bellator?

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
From the rooster POV, maybe yes. Some are too old for high competition.

But from the business pov, they give the opportunity for Bellator to book fights that fans always wanted to see, such as Fedor vs Mir

Letting the younger ones (Rory) go is always going to be seen as a bit stupid but I have no issue with the older guys looking for paychecks going to Bellator.

From the rooster POV, maybe yes. Some are too old for high competition.

904566bea4a216edeec9c9be21767049.jpg

Letting Mousasi and Rory go is a much bigger mistake.

What do you mean let? Once their contract is up they can do whatever and drafting a crazy contract just to keep them from going to the competitor would be a stupid business decision.

Let's do it.

Saw Alice in Chains about 6-7 years ago in a music festival. Wasn't much into Alice in Chains back then, and was there for Manowar / Rammstein / Slayer and a bunch of other bands but AiC totally killed it and made me a fan.

cant wait to see mitrione knock out mir.

@Boomb

A very noteworthy band in the grunge scene was Earth. Dylan Carlson was one of Kurt Cobains' best friends, and somehow he departed from his grunge roots and his band Earth became a major influence in creating the drone/ambient/doom metal subgenre.

Early Earth (unforgiving drone/doom metal)

Later Earth (chilled out acoustic / ambient / drone / country)

What do you mean let? Once their contract is up they can do whatever and drafting a crazy contract just to keep them from going to the competitor would be a stupid business decision.

Not really
UFC can match any offer & keep the fighter

I just don't under TS & "strategy"
They are letting fighters go that they don't want or are not cost effective.

Mir might pull a few hundred more on free TV his first fight, but he will not make a dent in BFC catching up to UFC

The Fedor/Chael/Wandy PPV lost money & bombed pretty badly
Mir on a PPV for BFC in 2018 will mean nothing.

it really is not a big deal, but good for Mir to make a little more money on the way out

But from the business pov, they give the opportunity for Bellator to book fights that fans always wanted to see, such as Fedor vs Mir

In 2018 that fight really is not a big deal
We already seen Fedor on PPV is a bomb
One TV pop is not a huge deal

CM Punk would most likely outdraw that fight on TV if he went to BFC

It is a very bad strategy, and especially since they let so many go...

Media and fans has said it for years, that the UFC has done a terrible job promoting new stars. PPVs are mostly filled with fighters that nobody wants to see, and very few know who are (even if they might be phenomenal fighters..).

I am pretty sure they wish they hadn't let Fitch/Shields/Rory/Mousasi/Benson/Congo/Mitrione/Roy/Phil Davis/Sonnen/Wand/Koscheck/chuck/Rampage go..

They might not have been the biggest stars, but the UFC hasn't promoted anyone else to take their place, so they are starting to lose the top position... People normally tune in to watch these guys.

Was looking to post some Acid Bath vids but couldn't find any. The Internet disappoints...

Off topic a little bit, but the biggest mistake was letting Goldie go....or to be more specific. Letting his voice go. I always thought of Bellator as amateurish, but when I happened to hear Goldberg's voice on the TV, I automatically tuned in and enjoyed the Fights. Also, the match-ups of some of the older Fighters are interesting to watch, no matter how much their skills have dissolved.

Back