Who has the better resume at HW, JDS or Werdum

MMA__Analyst

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Werdum beat:
Fedor (first time fedor lost in 30 fights in over a decade)
Cain Velasquez (first person to really outclass velasquez, JDS just caught Cain)
Big Nog
Overeem (IMO he won the trilogy fight, and was robbed at ufc 213)
Mark Hunt
Roy Nelson
Gabriel Gonzaga

JDS beat:
Werdum
Cro Cop
Gonzaga
Roy Nelson
Shane Carwin
Cain Velasquez
Frank Mir
Mark hunt
Stipe Miocic

I know people will say JDS just because he also beat werdum, but I think JDS just caught Werdum. I think JDS on any given day could catch ANYONE, and it doesnt mean he's the better fighter (the Cain trilogy being the perfect example).

IMO JDS might seem to have more bigger names on his resume, but I still side with Werdum. Its razor sharp, and without a doubt the two best resumes at HW.

werdum was a fat and out of shape when jds blasted him. he wasnt near as good as hes been the past few years.

stipe, cain, carwin, mir >> cain, fedor, nog. the mir win for dos santos is better then werdums nog win. both mir and nog were washed by those fights but at least mir was on a win streak and fought for the belt. nog wasnt shit since cain knocked him out in early 2010 and even before that he had already been knocked out by mir in late 2008. he wasnt a top guy at that point.

and jds' hunt win is better as well. dude was riding a 4 fight win streak knocking guys out

and jds' hunt win is better as well. dude was riding a 4 fight win streak knocking guys out

Well when Werdum was fighting Hunt it was for the interim title. And also, seeing how Werdum set up Hunt was absolutely beautiful. The wheel kick by JDS was sort of overrated. It was epic for sure, but Hunt was already badly beaten, and was a stationary punching bag at that point who wasn't even moving around.

Werdum by a long shot. Old man beating people in their prime while JDS was a young man beating people out of theirs. I don't think it would be the same story if the shoe was on the other foot.

Well when Werdum was fighting Hunt it was for the interim title. And also, seeing how Werdum set up Hunt was absolutely beautiful. The wheel kick by JDS was sort of overrated. It was epic for sure, but Hunt was already badly beaten, and was a stationary punching bag at that point who wasn't even moving around.
Hunt wasn't moving because JDS beat the tar out of him...

I acknowledged it. Im just saying I was much more impressed by Werdums set up of the Hunt KO than JDS's wheel kick
Hunt was a late replacement for Cain when he fought Werdum, so I find that diminishes the lustre of that victory somewhat.

Hunt was a late replacement for Cain when he fought Werdum, so I find that diminishes the lustre of that victory somewhat.

Hunt was winning the fight, he dropped Werdum I think 3 times. So Hunt was fully capable of winning that fight, however a full camp hunt would still be KO'd by this sequence

GentleNecessaryArthropods.gif

One of the most beautiful setups to a flying knee KO I have ever seen

Werdum by a long shot. Old man beating people in their prime while JDS was a young man beating people out of theirs. I don't think it would be the same story if the shoe was on the other foot.
?? Werdum beat non Sea level Cain and old man Fedor who had 89 fights

Hunt was winning the fight, he dropped Werdum I think 3 times. So Hunt was fully capable of winning that fight, however a full camp hunt would still be KO'd by this sequence

GentleNecessaryArthropods.gif

One of the most beautiful setups to a flying knee KO I have ever seen
But full camp Hunt might have had the juice to finish Werdum before that sequence ever happened.

JDS has the better resume.
JDS has already knocked him out.
Prime for prime, JDS humiliates him.

I am a bigger fan of JDS but Werdum has the second best resume at HW after Fedor.

Back