Does Robert Whittaker have a "legendary" future?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im liking this guy... Humble and Skilled, on a absolute tear at the 185 division.

Would like to see him become a legend like other great fighters; hes young enough to do it.

War Robert Whittaker!!!

At his current rate of progression he should be the undisputed MW champion by next year. Nice to have a newer name in the mix.

If GSP retire after Bisping, he might Have a chance !

It's hard to say without speculating as to who his actual future opponents will be. If he beats the winner of Bisping vs GSP (which I think he will) then he's off to a great start as champion. Who else is there now? I think Rockhold could be a touch matchup but other than that I don't see who else poses a threat.

Unfortunately, it's hard to reach "legend status if you're not beating big names, so it's somewhat of a catch 22. I think beating Jacare and Romero already kinda puts him on that track, but he needs more. Beating Weidman and/or Silva at this point will be nice wins but people will say they were out of their primes. 170 and 205 are both thin on contenders themselves, so I don't see many people coming to 185 and having success. Hopefully some new blood can start wrecking people and Whittaker can have an opportunity to ward them off.

He's having a legendary rise fo sho - he's young, he's 27, he has five to eight solid years to make his mark, could be watching a legend in the making.

I doubt it. He's obviously a very good fighter. But he doesn't look to me like he has staying power. And the MW division is stacked. It will be hard for even a superior athlete to keep a lid on that division.

well he;s the youngest guy in the division more or less and is already top tier id say barring a terrible fall off or a brutal KO or two he might very well be the next big thing.

Beat the best 2 fighters in ufc not jones id say he is one now

He has a special skill for winning. Most don't expect him to win, and after he does you kind of forget about it. Dude even has some impressive devastating wins, but he's just pretty unspectacular a lot like Jon Jones. I feel he will continue to be overlooked and prove people wrong.

Rockhold would be a good fight.

If Gegard comes back, that's tough too.

I don't think he gets past Bisping. He did just enough to beat Romero. No more no less. If Wonderboy moved up I am pretty sure he'd starch him again.

Legend and Robert Whittaker...no lol.

I don't think he gets past Bisping. He did just enough to beat Romero. No more no less. If Wonderboy moved up I am pretty sure he'd starch him again.

He injured his leg early against Yoel and did the smart thing and played the rest of the fight safe. He was also accounting for Yoel's crazy power.

He won't have to worry about any of that against Bisping.

I don't think Whittaker gets enough credit. I think Bisping is going to have a tougher time with him than people think, if that happens.

Young and still improving. Creative, technical, violent, and already wins over two of the Top 3 guys in the division that aren't him. Not going to say he's the next Anderson, or anything like that, but he's definitely Champion next year.

If GSP retire after Bisping, he might Have a chance !
yeah, b/c whittaker could never beat a high level wrestler or grappler
oh wait
20140204104048_ronaldo_souza.JPG

yoel-romero-open-workouts-video.jpg

If any fighter just keeps winning they will be legendary. Thats all it takes. What do aldo gsp silva and jones all have in common? They just kept winning and winning.

Back