Luke Rockhold on MW division: I created this mess and I'm coming back to clean it up."

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
While Rockhold has spent a lengthy clip on the sidelines, he's confident the time away did nothing but sharpen his focus on what truly matters. The 32-year-old NorCal representative is determined to storm the division he once ruled, and that means battering and smashing any man who stands across from him inside the Octagon.

Branch will be the first obstacle in his path, and Rockhold believes he'll dispatch the New Yorker in a fashion that sends a clear statement to the rest of the middleweight fold.

"To be honest, I really don't know much about [Branch]," Rockhold said. "I've watched him fight a couple times. He tries to act hard like he's from Brooklyn but dude fights like he's from the Hamptons. He's a technical fighter, but I'm going to beat him everywhere. I'm going to make the man fight, and it's not going to take long for him to realize how outclassed he is in there.

"I'll stick to my game and let the fight do the talking, because when I fight my fight there's not a man in the game who can keep up with me. I just don't see it. I've been around the world and haven't found a man who can keep my pace and stay with me. Whether on the feet or the ground, there isn't anywhere I can't fight.

"I'm going to prove who I really am when I come back. People want to talk and doubt me, and they can think whatever they want. I'll show who I really am and what I can do shortly."

Rockhold will throw down with Branch in the main event in the "Steel City," but it's a different type of metal that has permanent occupancy in his mind. The Henri Hooft-trained fighter is hell-bent on reclaiming the title he once held and will stop at nothing until his place atop the middleweight ladder is once again all his own.

In Rockhold's mind, the current champion Michael Bisping has done absolutely nothing to move the division forward, and it's time for such things to come to an end.

"I created this mess, and I'm coming back to clean it up," Rockhold said. "That's exactly what I'm going to do. Mark my words."

"I'm not in this game to play second fiddle to anyone," Rockhold said. "I'm coming back to reclaim that top spot and take back the division. That's who I am and what I'm all about. I'm in this to be the champion and not just going in to pick up a paycheck. I'm here to get back in the mix and take out the f*cking chump who is at the top. He's not the champ... he's a chump.

"Defending your title is the sign of a true champion right? I mean that's what they always say. It's f*cking 100 times harder to come back and regain your title, and I'm going to show people I'm a real champion in that fashion.

"I put myself in this position," he added. "I've been out for a long time, and on top of it I slipped and stumbled in my last fight to where people are doubting me. I still have some true believers, but a lot of people think I don't have what it takes. I'm going to come back to the division and win the title."

http://www.flocombat.com/article/60...-michael-bisping-a-f-cking-chump#.WZNwSsspDqB

Spicy Rockhold sounds ready bros...

80-boat_meme_3_da5b7fb69eca96e739817661d8d7b0f0167e3c04.jpg

Shut the fuck up about defending the belt. Dude got knocked out in his first defense...
tGETqpH.gif

Quit playing Jouban and earn your way back.

He really did create this mess.
Glad he's owning up to it.

I still think he's the best fighter in the division.
That was his GSP/Serra mistake.
He will beat any guy in the division and probably finish them all too.

wish he wouldve been saying that right away instead of taking the long break. that said im excited to see him finally return. war rocksalt.

i think Rockhold is the favorite against everyone but Whittaker. Losing to Bisping and in the way that he did was disastrous for him and every other top 5 middleweight contender. Remember, that was a last minute fight that Rockhold accepted when Weidman pulled out. He shouldn't have accepted it but he thought it would be easy.

If Branch unexpectedly shows something and beats Rockhold, he might retire.

Cool to see he is still motivated, he is a damn good fighter. However, I can see him struggle BIG TIME to make MW soon enough.

His year out to do some catalogue modelling really shows his dedication and determination, I mean to pose as though you're showing a friend the time in a faux leather jacket while he points at an airplane in a flat cap really shows he means business, with training like that he's gonna be a fucking killer.

He's an arsehole.

I think the Branch fight will be an easy win for him, but I don't think that he can beat Whitaker and I'm 50/50 on him verses Romero and Jacare (I thought Jacare edged him in the first fight). I'd be 50/50 with him vs Moose too if he were still in the UFC. Rockhold is definetly one of the best in the division, but I'm far from convinced that he's the #1 guy.

Back