Is Jon Jones a PPV draw or he just need a right dance partner?

SakuWandyCop

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Jon is definitley a better PPV draw than most champions with 150,000-300,000

Here's all the PPVs Jon has headlined:

Anything that is above 500,000 is pretty good

UFC 128: 490,000
UFC 135: 520,000 Rampage Jackson
UFC 140: 480,000
UFC 145: 700,000 Rashad Evans (real beef)
UFC 152: 450,000
UFC 159: 530,000 Chael Sonnen (known for talk shit and put on a show)
UFC 165: 310,000
UFC 172: 350,000
UFC 182: 800,000 DC (real beef)
UFC 197: 322,000
UFC 214: 860,000 DC (real beef)

If he face someone like Volkan or Gus, it would probably do 300,000-400,000 at best. I may be wrong.

A bit of both. Doesn't hurt that he's in a division with a lot of marquee names... Until he retired them all.

Not everyone can be Conor and Ronda.. he does good numbers

Good draw but it doesn't hurt when people think there is a real chance he might lose

Compared to anyone other than Conor, who is a huge outlier, Jones is a good draw. Of course having the right dance partner helps, too.

Edit: There may be a couple fighters out there, such as Lesnar, who you might say are BETTER draws. Still, Jones does attract more people to buy PPV than the vasty majority of fighters, even the vast majority of champions.

Can only help that they stopped pretending Mighty Mouse is the pound for pound.

Looks like he's consistent around 500...dips with osp and glover (?) and then rises with beef partners

I am contributing nothing except I wrote "beef partners" which makes me smile...I wish I could like my own post

Both, but that's true of most guys

Mayweather doesn't sell a million of every PPV

There's only a few Conor/Brock/Ronda type draws that could sell against anyone

Jones reminds me of Anderson as a draw. With the right dance partner he does close to one mil, fights that aren't as interesting do significantly less but still pretty good. Also if you look through the cards Jones headlines they usually have a weak ppv card from top to bottom even co main and Jones is usually the only attraction. Main reason why ufc 151 was cancelled, they had Jake ellenberger vs Jay hieron in the fucking co main. Lol

He's clearly a draw, he gets promoted through mainstream media channels that alone is telling.

Gus rematch does way better numbers than the first fight

I'll let the suits & ties worry and cream themselves about ppv buys, I'm just here for the fights man free and paid TV, Jon Jones I'll buy... (or stream, stream more likely I'm cheap like that)

My must buy PPV list:

Jon Jones
GSP
Mousasi

Anderson Silva no longer on the list.

Kinda sorta will buy PPV if right supporting cast bouts:

Lyoto Machida
Rockhold
Weidman
McGregor
Robbie Lawler

Back