GSP: I have to defend MW title if I win it (contract)

The Accuser

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Wait till Dana sees the money to be made in a fight against Woodley, champ vs champ.

defend it against bisping?

if not he can always retire

i think GSP will fight Whitaker since Whitaker isnt a huge MW and used to fight at WW. But I dont think he will fight Yoel, Rockhold, Jacare

1. This same video has been posted like 5 times today.
2. I like your AV. Romero's creepy translator is one of my favorite MMA personages.
3. I don't see any practical way such a contractual clause is enforceable. If GSP returns and win the MW title, the UFC will give him whatever fight he wants. He'll have them by the balls.

I am convinced that UFC did not want Romero as champion and this furthers that even more. With his age and coming off a loss they have succeeded, too.

Cant believe we are still Monday. FML its gonna be one long ass week.

If he wants to keep fighting he has to defend. They cant prevent him from retiring /thread

i think GSP will fight Whitaker since Whitaker isnt a huge MW and used to fight at WW. But I dont think he will fight Yoel, Rockhold, Jacare
Whittaker is 100kg before camp, and cuts to 84kg. He's a huge dude. He's got a bigger natural frame than Yoel.

Not to mention he actually beat Yoel, including managing to stuff Yoel on 1 good leg...

And last but not least, Whittaker is the fuckin interim champion. So good on GSP if GSP fights him. Stop making up silly reasons in advance to discredit GSP's defense... he's not even champion yet lol

GSP would get killed by a Rockhold/Yoel type. I'm not sure its in his best interest to try and put together a title defense run. I also favour Whittaker against him.

Whittaker is 100kg before camp, and cuts to 84kg. He's a huge dude. He's got a bigger natural frame than Yoel.

Not to mention he actually beat Yoel, including managing to stuff Yoel on 1 good leg...

And last but not least, Whittaker is the fuckin interim champion. So good on GSP if GSP fights him. Stop making up silly reasons in advance to discredit GSP's defense... he's not even champion yet lol
wut? Im not trying to discredit GSP. A lot of people on here say he wont defend if he beats Bisping. I am saying that he will.

He should be forced to fight Yoel, regardless the outcome.

naughtygspbulletproof1.gif

G$P knows what to do to make it at MW.

I am convinced that UFC did not want Romero as champion and this furthers that even more. With his age and coming off a loss they have succeeded, too.
Cuba doesn't exactly have a big fan base.

He doesn't speak english.. when he tries he spouts hate towards gays and Jesus lol.

Put yourself in their shoes. Atleast Bobby Knucks has the Aussies behind him

If GSP wins the MW title he'll just retire after being proclaimed the GOAT of GOATs.

I never understood the position that GSP will win the title and never defend it, when has GSP not defended his title??

But then again the same people that complain about GSP not defending the title, are the same dummies that say he's scared shitless of Woodley. They actually think when GSP wins the title he's just going to take it and ride off on a rainbow on his magical unicorn to never be seen again or something.

Retire again and only come out of retirement if offered a fight you want.

if he beats Bisping the next fight for GSP if he really thinks he can make the cut should be for the LW title in 12 months.

"Yes, I'm there, how are you guys."

Back