Plans for Yoel Romero?

Typrune Goatley

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
With Whittaker injured and Bisping fighting GSP, where does this leave Yoel Romero?

Rockhold is fighting Branch.

Anderson vs Kelvin is happening

Yoel just rearranged Weidman's face nine months ago so I do not wish to see this rematch so quickly.

There is literally nobody for him to fight right now.

It really sucks that Mousasi is gone. Even though I am a fan of both Moose and Yoel and would hate to see somebody lose, this would have been an EPIC match up at MW.

If the rumors of Romero turning down Luke are true then he may have put himself into a corner with no available opponents. Perhaps he wanted some time to rest but at 40 years old there is not a lot of time left in this legendary athletic career.

What is Romero supposed to do right now? Sit around and wait?

Maybe beat on Jacare again, get next shot after Robert...

It only really leaves Jacare or Brunson I guess. I'd rather see him fight Jacare again though without cheating. It would make a nice Fight Night main event too.

Don't see Romero sticking around much longer, he's already an old bat and I don't see him improving his cardio anytime soon. But he should rematch Brunson in the meantime I guess.

Take on the barbarian while things play out in the division lol, it's either that or just wait around.

Rockhold after he makes quick work of Branch. Only fight that makes sense for both. It's new, both have already fought Weidman & Jacare, while Mousasi's at BT and Whitaker's supposedly next in line for GSP/Bisping. Rockhold/Romero winner next in line after Whitaker.

get this turd on a treadmill and in a swimming pool .. Just do lap after lap after lap .. When your cardio is superb than ring the ufc for your title shot

Give him a low ranked guy in 7 months, wait another 7 months after that and hope his age catches up then feed him to someone if it seems like he's declining

Rematch Jacare imo.

Maybe beat on Jacare again, get next shot after Robert...
I really hope they don't book him vs Jacare because both guys were screwed over for years by the UFC and then instead of giving them title shots, they matched them against each other. I wouldnt be surprised if that is what the UFC decided to do again but I really hope not.
Give him a low ranked guy in 7 months, wait another 7 months after that and hope his age catches up then feed him to someone if it seems like he's declining

Dana?

Last edited:
wait for Rockhold/Branch winner

These seems like the ideal play considering that fight is only a month out. Can fight in December. Winner can get a TS after GSP/Bisping vs Whittaker which should take place like, Super Bowl weekend or maybe in March.

These seems like the ideal play considering that fight is only a month out. Can fight in December. Winner can get a TS after GSP/Bisping vs Whittaker which should take place like, Super Bowl weekend or maybe in March.
Thank you. I think you are right. I hope this is how it all plays out.

Romero vs Luke would be a great clash of styles but if Branch can pull a Houston Alexander on Luke then I guess at that point I would be hyped for Yoel vs Branch

The UFC really wanted Romero to fight for the title. Romero turned down Luke, And the UFC gave him the supposedly easiest fight vs Whittaker. They passed over Mousasi to protect Romero, And that made Mousasi leave for Bellator.

They gave Romero all that he wanted, And every chance in the world, And he fucked up.

They should give a rematch with Brunson or Jacare. Romero will probably turn down both, but I think he will accept Luke this time.

Last edited:
Don't see Romero sticking around much longer, he's already an old bat and I don't see him improving his cardio anytime soon. But he should rematch Brunson in the meantime I guess.
He is constantly improving if anything. Whittaker had a hard time hitting him and even himself admitted he was surprised how hard he was to hit, Whittaker said this, arguably one o the best strikers. He was moving well on the leg so don't give me that "he was on one leg", he himself said he didn't feel it when he focused.

Yoel was tired in the 5th round, but Whittaker was tired as well. Yoel was pushing the pace and started to land in 5th round, then he slipped and got held up on the bottom. His cardio pacing is fine. All he needs to do to win against Whittaker is to see what his mistakes were when he tried to take down Whittaker and couldn't, and being a pro wrestler I will def see him seeing where those mistakes were, esp as they were clear sometimes even for me.

Back