Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series Week 6: LIVE on Fight Pass 8PM ET/5PM PT PBP DISCUSSION

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
LINK to the broadcast on Fight Pass

For those of you new to the series, every Tuesday from July 11th until August 29th, top prospects and former UFC fighters will compete in a five-fight card with the opportunity to win a UFC contract. Some events, only one winner gets a contract, and others, two get that elusive contract.

DHTXQoUU0AAPls3.jpg:large

Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series, Week 6!

Charles Byrd, a winner in Week 1, scored a first round technical submission victory with an arm-triangle choke against Jamie Pickett, was not signed and has returned to get another shot at a contract!

185: Charles Byrd (8-4) vs Buddy Wallace (15-6)
205: Cameron Olson (7-3) vs Karl Reed (2-0)
145: Grant Dawson (11-1) vs Adrian Diaz (11-4-1)
125: Martin Day (5-1) vs Jaime Alvarez (6-1)
115: Jamie Colleen (3-1) vs Tiffany Masters (2-0)

dwtncs week 6 odds.png

Previous contract winners:
Week 1: FW Kurt Holobaugh (Round 1 KO) and BW Boston Salmon (Unanimous Decision)
Week 2: BW Sean O'Malley (Round 1 KO)
Week 3: LHW Karl Roberson (Round 1 KO) and MW Geoffrey Neal (Round 1 TKO)
Week 4: MW Julian Marquez (Round 2 KO) and FW Brandon Davis (Unanimous Decision)
Week 5: LHW Mike Rodriguez (Round 1 KO) and FLW Alex Perez (Technical Submission - Anaconda Choke)

According to Sean O'Malley on the MMA Hour, contracts issued to fighters will start at 10/10, for around 3-4 fights. Other winners may be called to the UFC for short notice replacements or brought back for future events.

Commentary: Brendan Fitzgerald, Paul Felder
Alternate Commentary - Snoopcast: Urijah Faber, Snoop Dogg

Fights will start in approximately 5 hours and 15 minutes from this first posting.

Last edited:
10/10 is a horrible figure.

I'm sure they could make more on the smaller circuits.

A bare minimum of 15/15 at least should be enough for a 4.5 billion dollar company with annual revenue of over a quarter million.

Not even close. These guys are pulling 1/1 on the smaller circuit, and if they're headlining and lucky, maybe 2/2. The pay of 5/5 for the show itself is more than many of them have made in a fight before.

This is the recent salary numbers from LFA 12, in May, and a lot of these guys have fought for LFA before coming to the show.

http://thesportsdaily.com/mma-manifesto/legacy-fighting-alliance-12-fighter-salaries/

These numbers from an RFA card (who had money troubles and had to merge with Legacy) in 2012 reflect that too, only the bigger names get paid. Things haven't gotten much better in five years, unfortunately.

http://mmajunkie.com/2012/11/resurr...e-4-salaries-tyson-griffin-tops-82350-payroll

Yay more bum fights for peanuts.

to make them fight even harder the losers should sentenced to 6 months hard labour at a reebok sweatshop.

A bare minimum of 15/15 at least should be enough for a 4.5 billion dollar company with annual revenue of over a quarter million.
My boy Carlos fights at ces and he definitely made more in fight contenders then he did at any other organization he competed in

Byrd will definitely get a contract if he finishes, but people are REALLY high on Dawson. Alvarez is also legit if he doesn't get too aggressive and get taken down.

Since Byrd is a lock for a contract, this might be the first time 3 get handed out

Calling for Wallace to get the upset. Props to him for taking this on a weeks notice, though. He just fought last weekend at a Global Knockout event against Justin Baesman.

Day/Alvarez should be fucking fireworks. Last year, I predicted that Day would make a splash somewhat soon. He has the opportunity to do so tonight.

War-ra Sanko and her interviews. Let's see if they can look her in the eye this time, or if they'll be staring elsewhere. They better not get fresh with her or she'll take care of business...

Laura_Sanko_def._Cassie_Robb_by_submission__rear-naked_choke_._Round_2__107_medium.gif

planeteers-youth.jpg

jeicex as Captain Tuesday

VV = heart, SoulOnIce = Asia, Trees = Woodley, me = that fire, z28 = wood belt

Last edited:

$10/$10 maybe...

10k/10k is probably 10x what most of them get on the regionals, hell, there are fighters on bellator prelims only getting 1000/1000

Collen should win, really good odds.

Last edited:
Just about time!

In!

Back