How big of a shock was it when Hendo KO'ed Fedor?

InfantGoose6565

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I didn't watch MMA back then so I was wondering if because Hendo is a natural MW and Fedor is the grearest HW of all time if this was a huge upset.

Not very, because everyone knew Feodr was past his prime.

The grearest of all time couldn't handle a MW.

Too bad Hendo wasn't Zulu or HMC.

EDIT: Inga, beating people to the punch.

It was a big upset, but it wasn't that crazy considering Fedor's two losses and Hendo's history of being Hendo. I bet on Hendo, but I think his odds were not even 3-1.

Early stoppage.

That fight had all the makings of a classic.

I'm still a touch salty.

Not that big... more of a confirmation he was done at the top level.

The Werdum loss was looked upon as a possible fluke / getting caught but maybe also an over the hill Fedor..

Then the Bigfoot loss came and kinda sealed the deal.

So no, not that big.

NOT VERY, CONSIDERING FEDOR HAD LOST 2 IN A ROW.

hqdefault.jpg

I didn't watch MMA back then so I was wondering if because Hendo is a natural MW and Fedor is the grearest HW of all time if this was a huge upset.

The grearest of all time couldn't handle a MW.

Fedor's lean weight is closer to light heavyweight, and Hendo occasionally fought at LHW and HW as well, so it wasn't a huge shock. It did shock me personally at first, but I think the size difference is exaggerated. Beating someone a weight class higher, especially of similar height, isn't unheard of.

And Fedor did fight at HW for a lot longer period of time, and probably accumulated lots of damage, sad.

His grappling had really regressed by that point in his career, as well as his general gamesmanship, so it was an upset but not a mind-blowing one.

To me, the hardest loss was the Bigfoot fight. It was a prolonged beating and exposed some of Fedor's weaknesses very heavily (like most Sambo players, IMO).

Pretty surprising, but this was the absolute prime of the H bomb. He layed out Babalu, Feijao, and Bisping with ease in 3 of his 4 fights before Fedor. The Shields fight he lost, but he nearly decapitated him early in that fight before getting tired and outgrappled. At that stage in his career every single time he landed a right hand on someone they were in trouble.

Also, he and Fedor aren't all that far apart in size really.

not that much, when Werdum submitted Fedor Sherdog explodes though

That fact that it happened didn't surprise me, for some reason the manner it happened did surprise me.

Hendo catching Fedor or anybody for that matter, with an Hbomb on the feet seems real logical but no on the ground.

His grappling had really regressed by that point in his career, as well as his general gamesmanship, so it was an upset but not a mind-blowing one.

To me, the hardest loss was the Bigfoot fight. It was a prolonged beating and exposed some of Fedor's weaknesses very heavily (like most Sambo players, IMO).
What are these weaknesses of Sambo players you speak of?

It was surprising. Mainly because Fedor rocked and dropped Hendo .2 seconds before being KO'd himself.

Not that big... more of a confirmation he was done at the top level.

The Werdum loss was looked upon as a possible fluke / getting caught but maybe also an over the hill Fedor..

Then the Bigfoot loss came and kinda sealed the deal.

So no, not that big.
But the Siva fight was by doctor stoppage

No shock at all....wish I woulda bet! Coulda been livin the Mac Life!!!

I just hate the complaints about Fedor not being out, from that one bomb from underneath it was enough to stop the fight,....Fedor was OUT.

Often it's Russian fans on YouTube complaining about American bias. lmfao....get real.

Herb shoulda been in a better position perhaps.

smaller than when Werdum won. But harder for people to deny....the submission and the bigfoot fight left people in denial.

Back