Will 2 fighters ever fight each other 6 times?

El General

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I was just reading some boxing history and saw thay Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake LaMotta fought 6 times. Robinson was 5-1 and lost their first encounter.

Could this ever happen in mma?

My initial answer would be no but after reading that, its possible. Pacman and marquez fought 4 times too. Its never happened in mma. The closest i can think of is aa vs sylvia.

Cain and JdS would have probably fought a 4th time if Cain didn't get hurt so often.

Khabib and Cucuy might be booked 6 times before they actually fight....

Maybe in the lower circuits, but not in the UFC or even Bellator IMO.

What went on in any of those fights that made people say "i wanna see that again" ?? Lol

He was aiming for 4 outta 10, which isn't bad at all. As Cormier is aiming for 8 outta 10 vs Jones.

i hope not. Not a fan of rematches

Khabib and Cucuy might be booked 6 times before they actually fight....

images

i hope not. Not a fan of rematches

It isnt a problem if fighters are active like Cerrone is or Mcgregor. But guys like Cain who fight 1x a year on average or every other year are horrible.

In kickboxing and boxing 4th and sometimes even 5th fights do occur. 6x is a little crazy.

Peter Aerts and Semmy Schilt fought 5x with Schilt losing 3x by decisión and winning 2x. One time by tko injury.

It isnt a problem if fighters are active like Cerrone is or Mcgregor. But guys like Cain who fight 1x a year on average or every other year are horrible.

In kickboxing and boxing 4th and sometimes even 5th fights do occur. 6x is a little crazy.

Peter Aerts and Semmy Schilt fought 5x with Schilt losing 3x by decisión and winning 2x. One time by tko injury.

Aerts fought Hoost and Bernardo 6 times

Back