DC might've stood a chance if

kkudos123231

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
he actually worked on his striking the past 3 fights. He is a fighter like in the old ufc days, where you could have wrestling and not much else and be a champ. His boxing is low level, is kicks are non existent, and the only thing he uses is his wrestling to "grind" out decisions.

Against Gustafson he was able to unload a lot of uppercuts only due to his clinch and wrestling hold. Same thing against Rumble, same crappy striking and elite wrestling. I'm sure he'll find that once he can't use his wrestling again he should of worked on his striking the past 3 fights, DC has no iq at all like most ufc fighters. Also he has bad cardio and should be a middleweight.

Laying on guys until they're exhausted from carrying your weight does not "embrace the grind."

Jon Jones has no KO power. You aren't knocking anyone out kicking them in the Knee.

Cormier will win this fight on the feet.

His striking is fine, it's pretty good even, in the clinch he causes a lot of damage. I think you're fooled because he doesn't throw flashy stuff, but with his body type, that's never really going to happen. He won a round over Jon last time through striking for hecks sake

I've watched his fights, you'll also see dc is a very low volume striker (unlike Jones) probably because he was a heavyweight and used to carrying all that "muscle." His striking is very low level, He literally just walks or runs forward in a straight line. No technique.

I think he uses his boxing according to his strengths and general frame really well honestly. You're not going to become Anderson Silva when you're 40 something, his frame is not built for it anyways.

1t9f88.jpg

tumblr_m7azizTLvH1r0lwa0o1_500.gif

DC has better hands than Jones and has like a 70% finishing rate. Are we talking about the same guy?

I've watched his fights, you'll also see dc is a very low volume striker (unlike Jones) probably because he was a heavyweight and used to carrying all that "muscle." His striking is very low level, He literally just walks or runs forward in a straight line. No technique.

You are dumb if you think DC's striking is low level lol

DC has been able to beat up many guys who have significant reach advantage over him. He is extremely good at closing the distance and fighting in a pocket.
giphy.gif

Jon Jones has no KO power. You aren't knocking anyone out kicking them in the Knee.

What? You don't have to knock somebody out to beat them on the feet.

What? You don't have to knock somebody out to beat them on the feet.
If someone doesn't fear your power then they are probably going to be in your coke-snorting face blasting it with uppercuts all night.

he actually worked on his striking the past 3 fights. He is a fighter like in the old ufc days, where you could have wrestling and not much else and be a champ. His boxing is low level, is kicks are non existent, and the only thing he uses is his wrestling to "grind" out decisions.

Against Gustafson he was able to unload a lot of uppercuts only due to his clinch and wrestling hold. Same thing against Rumble, same crappy striking and elite wrestling. I'm sure he'll find that once he can't use his wrestling again he should of worked on his striking the past 3 fights, DC has no iq at all like most ufc fighters. Also he has bad cardio and should be a middleweight.

Laying on guys until they're exhausted from carrying your weight does not "embrace the grind."

KlgQm_s-200x150.gif
Agreed! DC is still very much a old school type mma fighter where wrestling is base and stand up boxing/striking short & tight trying to get you down to base to lay on you and grind you under his body weight. Jones is too athletic, far more creative, and possess too high a fight IQ to be fooled by DC's very basic square block style.

You can pull that sh!t on Rumble all brute force & ignorance 5 of 6 losses by RNC shows me you not learning sh!t and can be had until you learn to defend a RNC.

If someone doesn't fear your power then they are probably going to be in your coke-snorting face blasting it with uppercuts all night.
Jones beat him in every facet of MMA last time without knocking him out.

Given his stature he has to go forward..keeping it at range would be suicide
His stupy lil legs aint reaching anyome easily so kicking is out

You think a 1 punch KO is the only way to end a fight? How about beating them up round after round with volume of kicks, punches, hellbows, & knees, breaking their bodies until it gives...

jon-jones_mauricio-rua.jpg

jon-jones-spinning-back-elbow-shogun.gif

jon-jones-shogun-takedown-ufc-128.gif

Jon_Jones_vs_Shogun_.gif

You think a 1 punch KO is the only way to end a fight? How about beating them up round after round with volume of kicks, punches, hellbows, & knees, breaking their bodies until it gives...

jon-jones_mauricio-rua.jpg

jon-jones-spinning-back-elbow-shogun.gif

jon-jones-shogun-takedown-ufc-128.gif

Jon_Jones_vs_Shogun_.gif
jonathan DOES actually have one punch knockouts too

truly the GOAT

Jones beat him in every facet of MMA last time without knocking him out.
He also eye-poked him and was likely on steroids. Also how do you lose rounds to a guy that you beat in every facet of MMA. I would argue that DC beat him in the clinch. Wrestling was close, and DC won the first two rounds before he gassed in my opinion. DC has defended his belt twice, fought 3 1/2 months ago, has looked better than ever, and Jones hasn't fought in over a year. Last time Jon had a long layoff he looked mediocre so comparing the last fight is kind of trivial in my mind.

Back