I got a feeling DC will retire win or lose after fight.

blkdynamite

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think even if DC wins he may be just spiteful enough to deny Bones a rubber match. A loss would be devastating.

Nah.

He has stated over and over that he wants the trilogy, should he win, to prove a point.

If he loses, I think he goes back up to HW briefly to try and grab that strap.

I think even if DC wins he may be just spiteful enough to deny Bones a rubber match. A loss would be devastating.
I've been thinking this for a couple of weeks now too.

I don't see it happening but wouldn't be surprised or mad about it. He's got a hof worthy career already, a great job outside the cage and a family I'm sure he wouldn't mind spending more time with.

Maybe. He's getting pretty old, so it wouldn't be the worst idea.

He did make some noise that even if he won he might retire. That he would throw Jones a bone and say you could have it now because we are even. That would be pathetic. But it is up to him.

Nah.

He has stated over and over that he wants the trilogy, should he win, to prove a point.

If he loses, I think he goes back up to HW briefly to try and grab that strap.

The problem that he has with any trilogy fight is that he is only getting older. It took almost 3 years to book this.

It would make zero financial sense to retire after perfectly setting up a trilogy with Jones.

DC is in this to make bills, not just build a legacy. Dude was broke as fuck after his Olympic career ended. He ain't going back to that.

If DC gets through Jones here he'll have a nice run and eventually shift into (just) a cushy commentating gig.

I don't see it happening. Cain is in limbo right now. If Cain gets injured again (likely), DC is the next HW champ.

DC is in this to make bills, not just build a legacy. Dude was broke as fuck after his Olympic career ended. He ain't going back to that.

If DC gets through Jones here he'll have a nice run and eventually shift into (just) a cushy commentating gig.

I think he'll be working for the UFC for quite a while after he retires (which I also think could be after this fight).

I don't think he will retire, he only signed a new 6 fight deal 2 fights ago, so he has 4 fights left. IF he does lose I could see him going to HW for a few fights perhaps.

I don't think he will retire, he only signed a new 6 fight deal 2 fights ago, so he has 4 fights left. IF he does lose I could see him going to HW for a few fights perhaps.

Or he fights Jimi, and Gus gets rematch. DC has a few lhw fights he hasn't fought. Age/weight cut, though.

If he wins he puts himself in a position to start making big money. Financially I don't see how he could walk from that. What else does he have?

No fuckin' way he retires on a loss. Even resigned to Jones' superiority, his competitive spirit would drive him back up to HW where he's undefeated.

He's one of the more exciting fighters to watch. I'd hate to see him go and I don't see it happening just yet.

If he loses, he'll probably take a long time off and come back to fight Gus or the Manuwa-Volkan winner. If he wins, it'll most likely be a trilogy fight next as Gus faces the Manuwa-Volkan winner for #1 contender.

No matter what happens, I think he will move up to HW at some point towards the end of his career. He won't have to worry about cutting weight and the division is so weak that he can moonwalk into the top 5, even in his early-40s.

I doubt he retires either way. IDK why he's so bent on the trilogy if he wins though. Once you get the win back, you proved you are the superior fighter currently. Especially considering JJ was probably enhanced the first time. Also, DC will likely be able to tell if Jones is diminished. He noted how strong JJ was, and if he can feel a weaker JJ this time, he'll know something was up the first time, and he should mentally throw that loss out, consider him 1-0 against Jon and move on. Why risk JJ getting back on something for the third fight?

Nah ... he might TEASE Jones with no rematch just to make Jones sweat.

But UFC will pay up and both he and Jones will make a TON of more money in a trilogy match.

Back