What's your theory on why Jon Jones shaved his head?

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Besides sporting a new look, personally I think it's for him to avoid friction in clinches coz he knows DC will try to grab hold of him (neck or head) and he can slip out of it easily. There are times where little things can affect big time in a fight. That's just me. I mean he's not (yet) balding isn't he?

jon-jones-ufc-214-press-conference.jpg

Rebranding himself, a new look for his comeback and next fights

He was actually balding and said fuck it, like most men.

Besides sporting a new look, personally I think it's for him to avoid friction in clinches coz he knows DC will try to grab hold of him (neck or head) and he can slip out of it easily. There are times where little things can affect big time in a fight. That's just me. I mean he's not (yet) balding isn't he?

jon-jones-ufc-214-press-conference.jpg
There was at least one thread mad3 about this. The best answer was so his friends can do coke off his head. @Weidman

It is summer time. A shaved head is a plus when it's hot.

All legends go bald

Anderson, Fedor, Bj, Randy...Gsp even shaves his hair All the way down

TS actually has something though, it would be slightly harder for DC to grab the back of his head with less friction if its just skin. Remember Jones is the kind of sociopath that will do anything to win and admits to studying interviews, fights and is known to use moves that are questionable such as kicking out daniels knees, footstomps, shoulder strikes .etc

Lebron just shaved his.So "Goats recognise goats"!

Back