I feel bad for the Demian Maia

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He's the nicest guy in MMA and the two times he gets a title shot he is matched up against someone that is a horrible style for him to fight. If those judges didn't screw up and give Woodley the belt instead of Wonderboy it would be a whole different story for Maia. He would choke out Wonderboy inside of 5 minutes.

I'm still holding out hope Maia can get Tyron down and tap him.

Stranger things have happened.

( I do agree Woodley is a bad style matchup )

He's making more money in one night than you make in 5 years he's okay

I hope he loses, Tyron is the chosen one. destined for greatness. let the man eat

Has anderson called demian, "the demian maia" recently?

I'm happy he got the chance he earned more than once

I hope Maia will get that belt. He deserves it!!!
Wonderboy fucked up everything. He had the skills to destroy Tyron but he did shit on his pants for 50 minutes instead.

Last edited:
I think it's Maia's time. Can't wait to see the belt strapped on his waist

Why feel bad? Tyron is the current champion. If Maia wants the belt, he has to beat him. Simple as that.

Well respected worldwide, owns multiple successful BJJ academies, has a beautiful wife and kids, has gone further in MMA in TWO weight classes than 99% of other fighters (basically only using one discipline), etc etc. Would it suck if he loses? 110%, but I'd hardly feel "bad" for the guy...and knowing him, he wouldn't either.

Woodley stayed on the shelf for over a year waiting for a title shot after not even fighting Hendricks. Now he pushed Maia to take the title fight with a short camp after Maia beat one of the best WWs on the planet.

I can't see it happening, but I wish Maia would strangle him Babalu style.

MMA is a rough sport.

He's the nicest guy in MMA and the two times he gets a title shot he is matched up against someone that is a horrible style for him to fight. If those judges didn't screw up and give Woodley the belt instead of Wonderboy it would be a whole different story for Maia. He would choke out Wonderboy inside of 5 minutes.
thtas true but I still sthink they would have invested in Wonderboy by giving him easier and funnier fights if he would have became the champ. In othe rwords they would hvae protected Wonderboy from Maia, who is bad stylistic matchup for Wonderboy.

If Wonderboy became champ we would have seen like Cowboy vs Wonderboy or Like Lawler vs Wonderboy, U know stuff like that, fights Wonderboy can win.

The only thing I don't really like is the way UFC, Dana, Woodley done him dirty like this.. kinda short notice with a very fast turn around for such elite level.. top of the food chain here, another weight cut at this age in short time, no proper camp, no time to rest up after getting banged up from the previous fight and training camp.

All of this for what ? GSP in NY in November if he takes it cause that dude sees easy work for the new MW belt. While Woodley had plenty of time to relax and was in training camp before Maia's UFC 211 fight to put things in perspective.

Still bad matchup and all War Maia let's get this done.

Back