So Shields beat guys like Maia,Woodley,Hendo,Lawler,also Okami and Condit on the same night...Holy

bjjwar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
SH**
Dude has some crazy resume. He basically beat the all the recent WW champs of the UFC and someone like Okami and Condit on the same night. How crazy is that lol

Difficult to penetrate any weakeness when Shields was at Full Impulse Power

Last edited:
He definitely has a great resume, but his ufc run was a massive flop imo and its no wonder the ufc didn't want him after:

-went 4-3-1 with 3 split decision wins (thought he clearly lost to kampmann, and lost to woodley as well)
-failed a drug test
-no finishes
-worst fight I've ever seen with Woodley
-was pretty expensive for the ufc even though he wasn't a draw and fans hated him

He definitely has a great resume, but his ufc run was a massive flop imo and its no wonder the ufc didn't want him after:

-went 4-3-1 with 3 split decision wins (thought he clearly lost to kampmann, and lost to woodley as well)
yeah it was this. his resume is amazing but not all wins are created equal, he was boring as hell most of the time and barely winning decisions as well. and totally agree about the kampmann fight, that was a robbery.

He's talented and great grappler, but not a great fighter. He is just a wrestler that transitioned well, not a fighter that uses his wrestling well.

It was hard to pay attention to the Woodley/Shields fight but I thought Tyron edged it. I paid $400 to see this garbage...

Not a great fighter, great at stalling a fight from happening. Don't over credit him like he's a threat.

He lost to Paul Harris and Fitch after his UFC Run but he's still a top 3-5 WW of all time.

13549557_208309062902422_553378639_n.jpg

SH**
Dude has some crazy resume. He basically beat the all the recent WW champs of the UFC and someone like Okami and Condit on the same night. How crazy is that lol

That was at a tournament in Hawaii, if I am remembering correctly. It had Trigg and some other decent guys (at the time) as well.

To be fair, Shields wrestle-fucked everyone to victory. His fight were boring, but I was introduced to Carlos Condit which made it all worthwhile. That guy was/is just awesome.

Back