Maia/Cormier double is 9/1

Judge Lance Ito

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Meaning for every $1 you put on you'll get $10 back (for Americans and their decimal system).

Amazing price considering the streaks they're both on.

Agreed. I'd throw 50 on it but I've already got too much on DC single.

I'd give DC about a 20 percent chance of winning, and Maia roughly 35 percent.

That gives about a 7 percent chance of them both winning.

Not worth it IMO. Not even as a fun "who cares" bet.

I don't think there's a single good bet on that card. All of them are risky as fuck.

I'd bet on Oezdemir beating Manuwa and Cowboy beating Lawler since he never lost 2 in a row, but the odds aren't that good.

Cerrone to beat Lawler is the bet of the card for me

Save that money TS and buy your wife some flowers
Be way more productive and you might get to fuck

Iv had a double on manuwa and Lawler

And another on lamas and barao

Cerrone to beat Lawler is the bet of the card for me
I'd agree but Lawler is the type of fighter who cowboy struggles with

You're basically betting on whether Lawler is anywhere close to what he was

I think it's weird that people aren't giving DC more of a chance. Their first fight was fairly close.

I'd give DC about a 20 percent chance of winning, and Maia roughly 35 percent.

That gives about a 7 percent chance of them both winning.

Not worth it IMO. Not even as a fun "who cares" bet.
I like DC's chances better than Maia, owing to the long layoff and likelyhood Jones was juiced in their last fight, and likely whole career except for the OSP, Bonnar and Gusmao fight.

DC also looked SUPER on point last night where as Jones has been really sassy, catty, Ronda-Esque and kind of angry this week. A fighter's frame of mind is so important going in to the fight; see Aldo vs Conor, where Aldo has tight, angry and Conor was loose, relaxed and having a great time.

I like DC's chances better than Maia, owing to the long layoff and likelyhood Jones was juiced in their last fight, and likely whole career except for the OSP, Bonnar and Gusmao fight.

DC also looked SUPER on point last night where as Jones has been really sassy, catty, Ronda-Esque and kind of angry this week. A fighter's frame of mind is so important going in to the fight; see Aldo vs Conor, where Aldo has tight, angry and Conor was loose, relaxed and having a great time.

I think reasonable people can give him better percentages than me, although I don't think Jones is in a bad frame of mind at all honestly. I think he's shown that no matter what is going on in that sense before the fight, that he can focus and get down to work for the 25 minutes of a fight.

Ring rust is probably the most tangible X-factor...but we'll see how much that hurts. I don't think it will mater as much since Jones is relatively young still, and kept in shape/worked on BJJ tons during his time off.

I think it's weird that people aren't giving DC more of a chance. Their first fight was fairly close.
EXACTLY! That is what I'm saying! Jones was clearly juiced too, as evidenced by his lil girl level t-count, which was so low that Victor Conte said it was impossible for a grown man to have.

Something to also keep in mind on top of Jones now having to fight clean: Cormier trained with CAIN this fight camp and did not have that last time. The difference between a Cain Cormier and Cain-Less Cormier is the Gus fight to Jones fight: DC faded hard in the Jones fourth round, but against Gus, he cranked up the heat big time and won the war of attrition.

I feel people aren't looking rationally at this fight or looking rationally at the first fight. No athlete that has been caught for juicing looked better when they had to compete cleanly. Jones has an addicts mentality, it's a weak mentality, and when you take into account all he's been thru from his Mom just dying to all his legal problems, he can't be in a good frame of mind and I can really see him breaking come the fourth round with Cormier's pressure.

EXACTLY! That is what I'm saying! Jones was clearly juiced too, as evidenced by his lil girl level t-count, which was so low that Victor Conte said it was impossible for a grown man to have.

Something to also keep in mind on top of Jones now having to fight clean: Cormier trained with CAIN this fight camp and did not have that last time. The difference between a Cain Cormier and Cain-Less Cormier is the Gus fight to Jones fight: DC faded hard in the Jones fourth round, but against Gus, he cranked up the heat big time and won the war of attrition.

I feel people aren't looking rationally at this fight or looking rationally at the first fight. No athlete that has been caught for juicing looked better when they had to compete cleanly. Jones has an addicts mentality, it's a weak mentality, and when you take into account all he's been thru from his Mom just dying to all his legal problems, he can't be in a good frame of mind and I can really see him breaking come the fourth round with Cormier's pressure.

I hope you're right, buddeh

I think reasonable people can give him better percentages than me, although I don't think Jones is in a bad frame of mind at all honestly. I think he's shown that no matter what is going on in that sense before the fight, that he can focus and get down to work for the 25 minutes of a fight.

Ring rust is probably the most tangible X-factor...but we'll see how much that hurts. I don't think it will mater as much since Jones is relatively young still, and kept in shape/worked on BJJ tons during his time off.
Something else I just remembered: Jon's Mom just died last month.

I'm not sure if that will help or hurt, but he has been thru the hardest year of his life for sure.

You could be right, and he could be in a non bad frame of mind, but to me, it seems this "me vs the world" mentality, looking to create enemies where there should be none and just stressed and bothered. Last time vs DC, he was celebrating, jovial and having fun in the lead up. This time, something just seems different to me, like he's not enjoying this while DC is having a blast. Something also seemed a bit off even with his team's footage and the rumor is Jon wasn't in the gym that much in his time off, tho he was doing some BJJ, and he also was still partying. The Cowboy interview on Schaub's Podcast was kind of revealing, and you felt as if there was some real tension there.....but then again, I'm prolly just bein an arm chair psychologist

I'm just so amped for this fight, there are so many variables at play here with the stakes being as high as can be, a fight that will decide who MMA's GOAT is. I hope it delivers, as their first fight was kind of lack luster and deprived us of a definitive ending.

Back