Experiment: visibility of worldwide threads vs UFC

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bellator should join forces with Rizin for a Japan events for the new year's eve.

No championship fights on the card.

Something like :

Wanderlei vs Fedor
Cro Cop vs Rampage
Chael Sonnen vs Nick Diaz
Neiman Gracie vs Baruto (openweight freakshow)
Amir Alikbari vs Sergei Kharitonov

I'm somewhat embarrased to admit that I don't know neither Neiman, Baruto, nor Alikbari.

Bellator. Can't sell a PPV, can't get a major network deal. Can't create it's own stars, gets all it's talents on the UFC rebound. Never be better than Strikeforce or WEC, much less UFC. Thanks for playing.

I'm somewhat embarrased to admit that I don't know neither Neiman, Baruto, nor Alikbari.
That's too bad.

Baruto is a 400 pound sumo wrestler turned to MMA fighter who beat Fujita, Kohsaka and Peter Aerts and lost to CroCop.

Neiman Gracie is BJJ guy (duhh.. Gracie), 6-0 in MMA, fighting for Bellator. Doing a decent job, won most his fights by sub.

And, Amir Aliakbari is a 2 time world champion Greco-Roman wrestler in the 96kg and 120kg (beating guys like Riza Kayaalp), who got banned for life from international wrestling competition for popping twice for PEDs. He has looked impressive in his short career and only lost to CroCop in the Rizin tournament final (nothing to be ashamed of for your 6th pro fight). He weighs around 260-265 pounds, without doing a weight cut. His last fight, he smashed Geronimo dos Santos and will fight some random heavyweight on the 30th of July at the next Rizin event. Amir is IMO one of the top prospects in HW, but still needs to do a little bit of work on his standup and conditioning (i.e. use his energy wisely in the fight, he always looks in shape though).

That's too bad.

Baruto is a 400 pound sumo wrestler turned to MMA fighter who beat Fujita, Kohsaka and Peter Aerts and lost to CroCop.

Neiman Gracie is BJJ guy (duhh.. Gracie), 6-0 in MMA, fighting for Bellator. Doing a decent job, won most his fights by sub.

And, Amir Aliakbari is a 2 time world champion Greco-Roman wrestler in the 96kg and 120kg (beating guys like Riza Kayaalp), who got banned for life from international wrestling competition for popping twice for PEDs. He has looked impressive in his short career and only lost to CroCop in the Rizin tournament final (nothing to be ashamed of for your 6th pro fight). He weighs around 260-265 pounds, without doing a weight cut. His last fight, he smashed Geronimo dos Santos and will fight some random heavyweight on the 30th of July at the next Rizin event. Amir is IMO one of the top prospects in HW, but still needs to do a little bit of work on his standup and conditioning (i.e. use his energy wisely in the fight, he always looks in shape though).

Thanks for the info. I can't say I think they sound like actual prospects judging by your write-up, but I obviously have to see by myself and do a little research.

Thanks for the info. I can't say I think they sound like actual prospects judging by your write-up, but I obviously have to see by myself and do a little research.
Only Amir Aliakbari is a real prospect. Will probably still take 2-3 years for him to reach his peak. He is a wrestling world champion entering MMA still in his prime. Doesn't happen often and wouldn't have happened with this guy if he wasn't banned for life from wrestling.

Baruto is a freakshow. Nothing to see here, unless you enjoy seeing a fat giant sumo wrestler fight washed up veterans.

Gracie will disappoint when he faces tough competition or will avoid real competition for his entire career, like most of his "undefeated" family members.

Bellator should join forces with Rizin for a Japan events for the new year's eve.

No championship fights on the card.

Something like :

Wanderlei vs Fedor
Cro Cop vs Rampage
Chael Sonnen vs Nick Diaz
Neiman Gracie vs Baruto (openweight freakshow)
Amir Alikbari vs Sergei Kharitonov

What does this have to do with the thread title?

Bellator. Can't sell a PPV, can't get a major network deal. Can't create it's own stars, gets all it's talents on the UFC rebound. Never be better than Strikeforce or WEC, much less UFC. Thanks for playing.

With the exception of roster (and they are growing in that regard) Bellator has surpassed Strikeforce and WEC.

I'm somewhat embarrased to admit that I don't know Baruto.
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back