After JJ defeats DC again, what's next for DC?

hfajardoe

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He should move back to HW. Cain is not fighting, and that division is really shallow. JJ have already defeated him once, and he will get the W again, coming from a layout of almost 18 months. DC has little to do in LHW as long JJ is in there.

I just keep rewatching the fight and assessing their circumstances and DC by narrow decision victory seems to be the result of this rematch.

He should move back to HW. Cain is not fighting, and that division is really shallow. JJ have already defeated him once, and he will get the W again, coming from a layout of almost 18 months. DC has little to do in LHW as long JJ is in there.
I think we all know what's next for DC...

hqdefault.jpg

I just keep rewatching the fight and assessing their circumstances and DC by narrow decision victory seems to be the result of this rematch.
DC's 2 years older than when they last fought...so is JJ, but he's still around 30 y/o.

DC has been fighting/training which equals wear/tear. JJ is well-rested.

There's so many aspects to this game.

DC's 2 years older than when they last fought...so is JJ, but he's still around 30 y/o.

DC has been fighting/training which equals wear/tear. JJ is well-rested.

There's so many aspects to this game.

Jones has ring-rust and has been dealing with a lot of stress. Dude is obsessed with giving ppl the impression that he's a good guy and the truth exploded all over the MMA scene.

DC racked up 3 5-round fights under his resume since his first encounter with Jon and settled into LHW.

Two concerns with him fighting Jon last time was that he wasn't comfortable @ LHW and he only had 1 5 round fight in his career (against Barnett).

Also let's take into consideration the fact that close decisions almost always favor the champion and there was some dumb shit DC did in their first fight that he could not do (ex: throwing a body kick at opening bell that gave Jones an immediate takedown) whereas Jon did almost everything perfectly.

He'll fight Gus again, and then some random challenger at LHW will pop out of the woodwork, and he'll tease moving to HW for another 5 years before getting KO'd by some young LHW and retiring.

Huge battle with depression and obesity. Maybe some chemical dependencies. Its gonna be rough on cheat DC.

Loser of Manuwa vs Volkan O.

Or back to Heavyweight

Jones has ring-rust and has been dealing with a lot of stress. Dude is obsessed with giving ppl the impression that he's a good guy and the truth exploded all over the MMA scene.

DC racked up 3 5-round fights under his resume since his first encounter with Jon and settled into LHW.

Two concerns with him fighting Jon last time was that he wasn't comfortable @ LHW and he only had 1 5 round fight in his career (against Barnett).

Also let's take into consideration the fact that close decisions almost always favor the champion and there was some dumb shit DC did in their first fight that he could not do (ex: throwing a body kick at opening bell that gave Jones an immediate takedown) whereas Jon did almost everything perfectly.
You're right...Jones has looked hella stressed lately, eating ice cream and pancakes...and dancing in 99.99999% of his videos.

People say DC will retire if he loses, but I just don't see that happening. If they really hate each other, why would he give Jones the chance to say he retired him? Doesn't make sense to me.

All fair points, but then DC is obsessed with beating Jones and proving he is really the champ. Their beef started because Jones joked that he could take DC down. In the fight Jones took DC down pretty easily and DC struggled to take Jones down. Now Jones is back telling the world that DC is only champ because he was gone. DC is far too emotional when it comes to Jones.

DC clearly had a hard cut for his last fight with Rumble and cutting weight is what kept him out of the olympics.

All fair points, but then DC is obsessed with beating Jones and proving he is really the champ. Their beef started because Jones joked that he could take DC down. In the fight Jones took DC down pretty easily and DC struggled to take Jones down. Now Jones is back telling the world that DC is only champ because he was gone. DC is far too emotional when it comes to Jones.

DC clearly had a hard cut for his last fight with Rumble and cutting weight is what kept him out of the olympics.
People can't just admit jones is far superior and is going to steamroll him.

Understandable but they shouldn't be surprised when Dc does lose

I'd actually really like to see DC go back to HW, a lot of interesting match ups there for him.

He only fought Mir and Nelson when he was there in the UFC, all who have moved on from the UFC.

He could have very interesting fights with Hunt, Lewis, Dos Santos, Stipe etc.

Unless he were to lose to jones in a very close fight I'd say HW is his only option..

1. First he'll cry and announce his "retirement" from fighting .

2. He'll continue to work for Fox

3. In 6 months he'll announce his comeback

4. After realizing Cain is never coming back to fight he'll move to heavy weight and eventual lose to Stipe .

I really can't see it happening any differently.

IF he loses I really think he retires. He has built everything off Jones. Emotionally and we know how emotional he is, he will be all done. But he has a shot in this fight..

Back