Free Fight: JJ vs DC

scurdhomey

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

JJ is rightfully a favorite, but you'd be crazy to think DC can not beat him.

JJ looked very beatable. With the ring rust, DC might have a chance.

JJ has tons of skills but watching him fight is so damn underwhelming. He's definitely not a killer.

Even based on first fight DC should not be over +200 dog like he is now. Adding Jones ring rust/USADA it is crazy people dont see this closer to a 50/50 fight.

Ring rust for Jones. Old age for DC. 3 years is a lot harder on a 40 year old than a 30 year old.

People overrate Jones dominance in this fight, DC might of won a round between 1-3. Once he gassed he looked like he gave up, I still think Jones wins he seems more determined and motivated this time around. I'd like to see DC use his jab more, he had some decent success with it considering how much shorter he is....DC has much more crisp and technical boxing. I felt there were a few opportunities for him to counter when Jones was working the body with straight rights, Jones would lunge right into them.

I don't know how DC deals with Jones kicking game, Jones could target those knees all night.

JJ has tons of skills but watching him fight is so damn underwhelming. He's definitely not a killer.
image-37.gif

24aziq1.gif

jon-jones-chael-sonnen.gif

Jon-Jones-Americana-Vitor-Belfort-UFC-152.gif

bonnesr.gif

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Rd 1-3 was more competetive than I remembered. In fact the whole fight was. Every rd except the 4th was close. Rewatching it I would give rd 2 and 3 to DC. 48-47 would have been a better result. Thanks for posting it...

The thing is, at no point was Jones in any spot of bother or even hurt, he was comfortable the whole time

I suppose Cormier was neither badly hurt or in any trouble either but it was clear he lost that fight

Cormier since has had a WAR with Gustaffason, and struggled to even make the weight in his last fight, which was very underwhelming. I think rumble quit in that fight. So now Cormier is 38, older and slower

Jones is in his prime now and has rested up for a year. That could also backfire if he hasnt been training in that year. Having a full year off and barely training, which im guessing is actually what Jones has done, while DC has been actively working on his skills certainly makes this fight interesting, especially if DC has improved his cardio as i think that is what made the difference in the first fight. I just dont see DC having the cardio to push for 5 hard fought rounds

With all that said, if DC gets up to +300 i will put a small bet on him as he can certainly win, but i do expect Jones to take this based on having youth, size, cardio, strength, and length on his side, as well as being a smart fighter and able to make adjustments as he goes.

other than gus, there's no interesting fights for jones if he wins

so i hope dc wins, then retires immediately (or goes back to hw). there's no good fights for him after jones, except stipe

Rd 1-3 was more competetive than I remembered. In fact the whole fight was. Every rd except the 4th was close. Rewatching it I would give rd 2 and 3 to DC. 48-47 would have been a better result. Thanks for posting it...

Yeah the fight was close.

JJ looks very beatable here.

DC had a lot of missed opportunities.

This is going to be a great fight!

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back