Who is the better wrestler - Chael or T-Wood?

iWas

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Sincere question, thinking about Maia's throw on Sonnen and since he is the bigger man (not stronger) if he has a chance on doing the same on T-Wood?
2sb05ld.gif

Last edited:
"Freestyle wise" applied to mma, Tyron. "Greco-Roman wise" Chael. Plus Chael (for the most part) solely relies on the double or single leg for a takedown to ride out gnp. Tyron transitions much better from a double or single leg to ankle pick, to suplex/slam, to ride, to modified dresser dumps ect ect ect. (Which is freestyle)

"Freestyle wise" applied to mma, Tyron. "Greco-Roman wise" Chael. Plus Chael (for the most part) solely relies on the double or single leg for a takedown to ride out gnp. Tyron transitions much better from a double or single leg to ankle pick, to suplex/slam, to ride, to modified dresser dumps ect ect ect. (Which is freestyle)

Great input, thanks mate!

Chael was an Olympic alternate. So prime against prime on a wrestling mat I'd say Chael. He'd win on points though. He's not pinning Woodley.

Tyrone Woodley.

Chael literally lacks explosiveness and I am not just saying that. But Chael beats Woodley cause of technique, size, and strength. In terms of who is a better MMA wrestler I think it is Woodley cause of the speed, explosiveness.

Chael has no other talents in MMA besides wrestling and cardio. So his wrestling is going to appear better than T-Wood's, because Tyron has other traits like speed, power, striking that he can use to win a fight. Chael has nothing else besides pressure and wrestling

Chaels double leg is legendary. His tdd sucks tho

Fair question, and I think if Chael and Woodley fought Chael would get the better of the wrestling, but that said, that Maia move was before Chael seemed to really start taking BJJ seriously. Woodley has far more athleticism/explosiveness, so I don't see Maia being able to get his hands on him.

I'd say chael. He honestly might have the nicest double leg in all of mma.

*etc..

This "ect" shit annoys me. I have no idea why so many people use it.

Good post though.

*etc..

This "ect" shit annoys me. I have no idea why so many people use it.

Good post though.
Mainly because of auto complete. Just like commas before "and" and "alot". This new Galaxy S8 is still the best phone I've had though. ect ect ect

Back