JBJ vs. DC: Why I Don't Care Who Wins

BennyOcean

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm rooting for DC. I see him as a clear underdog, he's had a great career and this would be the feather in his cap. If he wins, there's a chance he might retire. If he loses, I think there's an extreme high probability that he does retire.

DC is getting older. The weight cutting is getting harder. Training must be getting harder. He has enough money and a broadcasting career. He's done it all in this sport and has nothing left to prove. He must know that his time in this sport is drawing to a close. Win or lose, I don't see him continuing for more than a year or two.

And I like what I'm seeing from Jon Jones. I used to have a lot of disgust for his personality but have always appreciated his skill. What I'm seeing from him in interviews and press conferences lately, I don't see much to hate. He's still kind of a prick but I don't mind it. If he becomes the champ, as long as he can stay out of legal trouble, it's a good thing for the sport.

If JBJ takes it, that's fine. If DC wins, it's great for DC but Jon will probably win back the belt some time in the next year or two. It's really just a matter of time. Right now I just want to see a good night of fighting with no one missing weight or dropping out for whatever reason, failed drug tests etc.

The result of this fight should only really matter to the fighters. I think the fans should be happy either way.

I want this rivalry to last to a 3rd fight, only way that happens is if jones loses.

I want this rivalry to last to a 3rd fight, only way that happens is if jones loses.
It's also the best matchup in that division right now and the easiest fight to sell. Financially good for both guys if DC takes this one.

JBJ vs. DC: Why I Don't Care Who Wins
"I'm rooting for DC."
Owen-Wilson-WTF.gif

I'm rooting for DC. I see him as a clear underdog, he's had a great career and this would be the feather in his cap. If he wins, there's a chance he might retire. If he loses, I think there's an extreme high probability that he does retire.

DC is getting older. The weight cutting is getting harder. Training must be getting harder. He has enough money and a broadcasting career. He's done it all in this sport and has nothing left to prove. He must know that his time in this sport is drawing to a close. Win or lose, I don't see him continuing for more than a year or two.

And I like what I'm seeing from Jon Jones. I used to have a lot of disgust for his personality but have always appreciated his skill. What I'm seeing from him in interviews and press conferences lately, I don't see much to hate. He's still kind of a prick but I don't mind it. If he becomes the champ, as long as he can stay out of legal trouble, it's a good thing for the sport.

If JBJ takes it, that's fine. If DC wins, it's great for DC but Jon will probably win back the belt some time in the next year or two. It's really just a matter of time. Right now I just want to see a good night of fighting with no one missing weight or dropping out for whatever reason, failed drug tests etc.

The result of this fight should only really matter to the fighters. I think the fans should be happy either way.
I agree, and it makes the fight a lot less exciting unfortunately.

And there will probably be a lot of clinching.

Cool.

I hope Jon wins because he is just a overall really decent person and doesn't cheat to make weight.

Honestly, the thought of Jones losing kind of sucks. I'm not saying it as a fanboy but rather as an MMA fan. Yes, I know realistically speaking he could lose someday. Heck, it could even happen this Saturday.

But still it's Jon Fucking Jones. I want to see how far he can go before he ends up losing and I hope it's not anytime soon.

It's also the best matchup in that division right now and the easiest fight to sell. Financially good for both guys if DC takes this one.
how is gus vs jones 2 not a better fight?

I want Jon to win or at least to be a very close fight.
A eazy win for DC would be the worst for the sport. The possible GOAT already geting caught once for doping plus the OSP fight after that...looking bad again would raise the question about him always cheating even more.

I don't mind, either way. If Jon wins, he'll be entertaining as the top heel, with a long reign left in the sport, and potential fights in Gustafsson 2, Manuwa, Oezdemir, and maybe even guys like Cirkunov, Antigulov, and Pedro, a few years down the line.

If DC wins, he's an excellent Champion and a genuinely great person. We'll also get to see the trilogy, which - given the weight and longevity of this rivalry - deserves an epic trilogy conclusion.

No matter the result, we win. I'm just hoping for a good fight.

I dislike both - but if there has to be a winner, I would prefer DC.

If you don't have a rooting interest but simply like watching big fights, then you should definitely want DC to win so we see a trilogy.

Jones winning is better going forward. If DC wins there's a chance he'd retire and a higher chance he beats Jon again and retires, which is worse since Jones would prolly become LHW champ with losses to the dude who left. JJ's 30, he can show greatness for a long time.

I don't really care who wins this fight either. But that's mostly because I really don't much for the fight itself. I saw these two fight already, and while it had some decent moments, it wasn't exactly the type of fight that left me clamouring for a rematch. Jones' fight against OSP was kinda meh. As were most of Cormier's recent fights. I'm more interested in Woodley-Maia and Lawler-Cerrone on the card.

Back