How did I NOT know T-CITY was fighting this Saturday???

BRASIL WAND

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was just watching the face offs when I noticed Brian T-City Ortega on them!

Dudes one of my favorite prospects in the UFC right now, but he's had some issues staying active(Failed test, Injury bug, etc.)

He reminds me of a young Nick Diaz, in the sense that he has a solid Gracie BJJ pedigree but prefers to stand and bang(see fights with Guida and Tavares).

He's only 26 with an undefeated record and noticeably getting better every fight, but this could be a trap fight for him as he's facing another young undefeated prospect in Moicano(just soundly outpointed Jeremy Stephens in his last fight.

Either way, just wanted to give T-City and this fight a little buzz as I think the winner of this fight is the dark horse of 145.

brian-ortega-clay-guida-ufc-199-3.jpg

Tavares fight was worth a 2nd and 3rd watch.

Tavares fight was worth a 2nd and 3rd watch.

Underrated fight.

From excellent BJJ to back and forth striking exchanges.

Tavares put a beating on Ortega in the earlier rounds but had nothing left in the tank for T City's crazy pressure.

Finish was brutal tho.
Brian%2BOrtega%2BPounces%2BThiago%2BTavares%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B68.gif

Great UFC matchmaking again. Let's kill the momentum of one of our two rising prospects.

I'm a fan of anyone who beats homeless Guida, although I suspect Moicano will be too technical for him.

TS this is off-topic but what are your pics for the main card this weekend?

I used to like the way Goldberg said "Teee City"

Looking forward to his return. 3rd round T-City is no joke

Don't be too hard on yourself! It is a stacked card and it is easy to forget about the great prelims.

Ortega is a great prospect with some amazing killer instinct, but I gotta say I think he's about to lose his 0.

Moicano's style is a nightmare for him.

Ortega is a great prospect with some amazing killer instinct, but I gotta say I think he's about to lose his 0.

Moicano's style is a nightmare for him.

Winning close decisions point fighting and running in a circle around the octagon?

Yeah I'm a huge Ortega fan!!!

Pumped for his return.

Future champion.

Back