Why does Cerrone always lose to people who act mean to him

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's like he expects everyone to like him and when someone doesn't...he freezes and doesn't know how to react. I don't know, it just seems to happen a lot. In every fight where his opponent acted harsh to him, he got starched

1. Diaz
2. Masvidal
3. RDA II

Matt Brown gave him the cold shoulder as well but Cerrone actually won that fight.

Y'all make too much of Cerrone's "choking/quitting", he lost to RDA because of his body shot weakness and Masvidal because of his boxing defense. He has holes in his skillset that usually make lose against the top tier (aside from those wins over Alvarez, Bendo and Barboza), he doesn't just fold because the opponent intimidates him.

Poor the Cowman getting this rep.

Y'all make too much of Cerrone's "choking/quitting", he lost to RDA because of his body shot weakness and Masvidal because of his boxing defense. He has holes in his skillset that usually make lose against the top tier (aside from those wins over Alvarez, Bendo and Barboza), he doesn't just fold because the opponent intimidates him.

Poor the Cowman getting this rep.

Cerrone folds when he is the one backing up. He just quits as soon as he meets consistent opposition. He was one as soon as RDA/Masvidal/Pettis hurt him. He just mentally quits, then says I couldn't find my gym bag or whatever.

He has never had the mentality of a champion. I remember reading an interview like in WEC days with him when he talked about how everyone loses and he just hopes to do so and so before. He's said similar things in that vein since then. I remember thinking that he'll never be champ with that attitude.

He just prefers people to be nice to him. Don't you?

He's a nice guy and it hurts his feeling when guys are mean

Cerrone folds when he is the one backing up. He just quits as soon as he meets opposition. He was one as soon as RDA/Masvidal/Pettis hurt him.
He kept fighting against Mas and then got KOed again, I don't think he quit so much as his body physically failed him when he got hit in the guts by RDA/Pettis.

Fans so mean to the Cowman. :(

He kept fighting against Mas and then got KOed again, I don't think he quit so much as his body physically failed him when he got hit in the guts by RDA/Pettis.

Fans so mean to the Cowman. :(

Didn't you see him in the corner when Jackson was trying to tell him to shake it off and he doesn't lose in Denver. He was looking for a way out. I knew the fight was over. Same as with RDA. Just waiting for the ref to stop it. He wasn't trying to win the fight after he was hurt.

Matt Brown gave him the cold shoulder as well but Cerrone actually won that fight.

So not always, you just shut down your own thread TS.

But he does have the tendency, i think he has a bit of a bully mentality. If someone turns that back on him he doesn't know how to react to it.

I get the feeling he wants everyone to think he's cool and awesome. Always doing and saying things to get that kind of attention.

To be fair he is a pretty badass guy irl, so he does walk the walk.

He stands straight up, stiff as a board--his defense is not very good. He will continue to win some and then drop one here and there.

tumblr_n29nys9ZzM1s852lfo2_400.gif

Didn't you see him in the corner when Jackson was trying to tell him to shake it off and he doesn't lose in Denver. He was looking for a way out. I knew the fight was over. Same as with RDA. Just waiting for the ref to stop it. He wasn't trying to win the fight after he was hurt.
Donald should have never went to the second against Mas. He was in outer space. In the first RDA fight he won the last round in a fight he was dropped.

He's tough but is suspetable to body shots and has problems with guys with good boxing that crowd him.

He didn't get any hugs when he was a baby.

Jim Miller was taking it to him but Donald countered with some mean knees

Does he try to lull his opponents thinking that forming a cordial relationship will cause them to let their guard down?

For the same reason he folds in big/championship fights. The nerves. When guys have beef with him it recreates the nerves of a championship fight. He cant handle the pressure. Which is why he now always tries to become buddy buddy with all of his opponents pre fight.

There's definitely some truth to this. It's obviously a mental thing. He's calmer, looser, more confident when the fight is "friendly". He's able to be calm and put combos together and stick to a gameplan. When there's hostility he seems to tense up and that's usually the beginning of the end for him.

I do think Cerrone's not that strong mentally, he does get intimidated and it affects his performance

His lvl of alpha isn't high enough.

Back