"DC" initial nickname. Doesn't float my boat.

Bogeyman

Electrical Cord Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I've never liked people who abbreviate people's names down to their initials. Seems very lazy.

In rare cases however, it can shorten an interesting and long name.

Georges St-Pierre for example. Cool that he has the name of a saint as his surname, and three initials so definitely worth going with GSP.

Ovince Saint Preux: Unique name, a name that tells you about his interesting heritage and sounds nice abbreviated. Also the name of a saint so pretty interesting.

Amanda Bobby Cooper: Cool name, like you would imagine a name that a girl from a US southern state would have. The fact that the initials make up 'ABC' is very cool. A great nickname.

DC??? Like a battery I guess, and not a hard name to say without using initials. Only two letters. It just smacks of a fighter who has absolutely zero interesting traits about him and no signature style to warrant a nickname, so he just uses his initials.

Remember back in the day when J-Lo was big. Kenny Florian became KenFlo and Joe Lauzon became JayLau. Equally weak.

Any better suggestions for a nickname for Cormier?

Last edited:
Daniel "Deecee" Cormier

Daniel 'The Daniel Cormier' Cormier? better?

Or how about Daniel "You could never kill me Jon" Cormier?

Last edited:
Agreed. Georges wasn't Georges "GSP" St-Pierre. Initials shouldn't be used as a fight nickname like that.

"Dominant" Daniel Cormier.

Why would it matter if his nickname floats your boat or not? Are you his marketing rep? Are you in his personal life? Does Dominant Daniel sound better? Or Drug Free Cormier be better?

Not a fan of the DC nickname. Should be something that embraces the grind.

With all due respect...

who the fuck cares?
I just want fighters with good nicknames dude. We used to have "The Axe Murderer" and "Beastin' 25/8" among other legendary nicknames. I think it's a wasted opportunity for a high profile fighter like Cormier to name himself after a battery that you put in the tv remote.

Already been decided and set in stone TS... Corm Corm.

Have a good night.

DC??? Like a battery I guess, and not a hard name to say without using initials.

There is more syllables in Daniel Cormier than George St-Pierre.

Only two letters.

So you blow your wad for 3 letter, but 2 letters just doesn't do it for you huh?

It just smacks of a fighter who has absolutely zero interesting traits about him and no signature style to warrant a nickname, so he just uses his initials.

GSP, OSP, ABC (lol, who the fook is that guy?) Wow awesome nicknames, tells me so much about them and all their interesting traits.

Lol, what a shit thread. But if you like to jerk off to 'cool names,' then do you.

Daniel "Popeye's Fried Chicken Delivery" Cormier

Back