Is Weidman punch drunk in your opinion?

CombatScience

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Weidman's speech sounds slurred...is Weidman punch drunk or has he always talked like that?

Definitely. His whole "join the team" speech was a clear sign of CTE.

Still my boy though

Did you hear him after the Mousasi fight?

Nah he's not drunk.

He's bill my stoy.

Maybe a little, but he's always had that voice where it sounds a bit slow and like his tongue is too big.. he has definitely taken some damage in his last few fights, so I wouldn't be surprised, he definitely shouldn't count on his chin anymore or he'll definitely get some bad punch drunkness

Maybe but he's certainly no Gray Maynard.

He's not punch drunk. Frankie sounds the same way. It's that New York/New Jersey accent

Sounds a bit swollen tongue-ish but like others said that could be the New York in him, I hope not because even though I don't really like the guy he's a family man and a pops without his faculties can be embarrasing at times...

I am sure the repeated beatings had an effect but I think it was just his NY accent alongside the adrenaline and joy winning a pretty intense fight. He is no Chuck Liddell...yet. Thought that Gastelum punch probably did more than nudge him in that direction.

Nope just a little speech impediment and accent.. plus those post fight interviews he is full of adrenaline and all hyped up.

He had that before his losses too.

I love how people judge dudes on pugilistic dementia right after they've been hit in the head numerous times during a fight. People did the same thing with Diego and he didn't sound punch drunk in interviews away from fights. Maybe they're just not great public speakers...

Before the fight:

After the fight:

You guys decide...

Back