Has anyone tried to 'Aldo' Jon Jones's legs yet?

Armitage Shanks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was watching Embedded Ep 2 where Jones goes mountain biking and it reminded me how Jon's legs are like sticks. That's why a dude who's 6'3 and a half can make LHW and surely it has to be a weak spot. Has anyone ever tried to take him out that way before? Or had any kind of success?

jones-wm_large.jpg

No one has ever posted this before. You should be a professional trainer.

If I was a 6'0"+ light heavyweight I would absolutely leg kick Jones, if for no other reason than to prevent him from spamming those obliques.

Gokhan Saki can. Hopefully we get to see him try one day

tumblr_n3v9q1dRGa1qc17c3o1_500.0.jpg

Jones is great at timing the catching of leg kicks and taking the opponent down. He did that to Cormier in their first fight. It's a big risk throwing multiple leg kicks at Jones. He's also long enough to counter with a straight punch down the middle.

Jones fights very long. He's got one of the longest reaches in the UFC and the legs to match.

Jones is great at timing the catching of leg kicks and taking the opponent down. He did that to Cormier in their first fight. It's a big risk throwing multiple leg kicks at Jones. He's also long enough to counter with a straight punch down the middle.
I think the take down is what people are worried about. As for his counter straight right, this is Jon jones we are talking about. His boxing is nonexistent.

Your eyes are already destroyed and being oblique kicked while based on only one leg is a recipe for disaster

I appreciate how JJ calls them chicken legs.

A little self-awareness never hurts.

If I was a 6'0"+ light heavyweight I would absolutely leg kick Jones, if for no other reason than to prevent him from spamming those obliques.

Or you could oblique kick his legs but good luck having equal or longer leg reach than Jon.

Are there any HW's that actually use leg kicks any more?

Jon Jones on top raining down elbows sound like a fun time.

Maybe DC will Weidman Jones if he throws a kick. Andy, Corey Hill and Jones all got the same physique essentially. It would be karmic justice in a way. You know is gonna get his one day, just a question of how long

The problem is he's also a capable wrestler, and will take down people who throws kicks carelessly.

Jones hasn't really faced many kickers at LHW either. Shogun comes to mind, but we haven't seen Shogun use kicks heavily since his first Machida match.

Jones' takedowns are too good. Kick him more than a couple of times and you'll be on your back eating elbows. Not even Aldo himself kick wrestlers like Edgar and Mendes.

It's easier said than done. First of all, Jones can usually be outside of most guys kicking range and still hit them. Secondly, a lot of guys are afraid of getting taken down. We know Jones will try and catch leg kicks and put you on your butt.

Back