Name a fighter that has better last two wins than Whittaker

Typrune Goatley

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
For the last few years Yoel Romero and Jacare terrorized the middleweight division. They were clearly head and shoulders above everyone else in the world and it appeared nobody would stance a chance against these two.

Of course nothing can last forever and winning streaks are no exception.

A combination of father time, Whittaker's improvement and just the fact that if you keep fighting you are bound to eventually lose....all contributed to the shocking losses of Jacare and Romero.

Whittaker defeated two seemingly unstoppable monsters back to back.

I can't think of anyone who comes close besides maybe Stipe (Reem, Werdum) and Woodley (Lawler, Thompson or Thompson 2x.).

I am not even a Whittaker fan but lets be real...his last two wins are bigger and more impressive than anyone else in the sport.

Can we all agree on this?

USADA and jacare was injured going into that fight look at the dent in his chest/pec.

He beat romero by like 50 seconds of one round.

Make it three fights...

Stipe

DC

etc

Stipe has the best run in the UFC currently...he has violently KO'd the best 3 heavyweights we've ever seen in the first round

Alvarez was a good win and so is Nate but Conor would have had to beat like Ferg and Khabib to match Whittaker.

Whittaker beat the top two fighters in the division. Two finishers. Killers
Chad and Aldo?

Or do you mean legit last two wins on their record?

Holloway is Coming off some impressive wins, last 2 in particular though

Stipe

Bisping although it is 3 - Anderson, rockhold, hendo

Cormier

Stipe has the best run in the UFC currently...he has violently KO'd the best 3 heavyweights we've ever seen in the first round
Was Cain Velasquez one of them?

If DC beats Jones, then DC (Rumble + Jones). Although, Andy + Rumble might put him there already. If we went with last 3 then Tony (RDA, Lando, Barboza) and Bisping (Hendo, Rockhold, Andy) would be more impressive... maybe.

Woodley didn't win his first fight against Wonderboy and the 2nd one is the worst fight of all time, so they both lost that one. Can't put him in this conversation.

Special shoutout to Shogun. Not the biggest names he's beaten, but still - the dude is 3-0 post-USADA. You throw in all the memories and great fights he's given us, it paints a magnificent picture of that guy. Power to him.

Chad and Aldo?

Or do you mean legit last two wins on their record?
Yeah. The most recent last two wins is what I am talking.

But yes, knocking out Chad and Aldo at FW was huge. That is basically the equivalent to what Whittaker did. Take out the top two fighters in a weight class.

I'll get flack for this cause WMMA but Nunes' current win streak is insane, if she beats Shevchenko again holy shit.

Also I like Jacare better than Rockhold but I wouldn't say that he was higher in the pecking order than Luke.

Do people not even read the OP or is the reading comprehension really this terrible?

Nates last two wins are impressive. Conor and Conor

Back