Who is the next Number 1 contender in the LHW division?

own1997

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Pretty simple question but seeing as Manuwa is making more noise at the minute, is he the next in line. Personally, I don't see anyone but Gustafsson fighting for that title considering he's beaten Manuwa and just dispatched of Glover but who should be next?

Nobody has earned the next shot because the division is stagnant as hell

If Jones. wins it is Gus, if DC wins, rubber match will happen over the holidays

Gian-Villante-got-FINISHED-by-Mauricio-Rua-R3-_zps59xygcll.gif

Pretty simple question but seeing as Manuwa is making more noise at the minute, is he the next in line. Personally, I don't see anyone but Gustafsson fighting for that title considering he's beaten Manuwa and just dispatched of Glover but who should be next?

Gus. in no uncertain terms.

but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll get it. not in today's mma. so if not Gus, then Manuwa.

after that, there is a vast chasm in skillsets and ability. it's virtually a 4 man division. and one of those men (Manuwa) probably gets taken down and beaten by most great grapplers.

I would say the line is something like this:
1. Manuwa/Oezdemir winner
2. Gustaffson
3. Shogun

Jimi/Oez winner more than likely but I feel it's still up for grabs unless Jimi wins impressively. Having both fights on this card benefits Manuwa but again, it's kind of his shot to lose. No one really has the #1 contender spot locked down unless DC wins. They'll book the rubber match almost immediately. Bones with idle hands and free time is a PR nightmare for the UFC. They'll want it booked ASAP I would imagine.

Back